RS Pro 106

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
So I went and ordered the Pro 106...good sale plus a coupon. Any real significant differences with the PSR 500, or is it basically the 500 in a Radio Shack case. I already have the Pro 197 and I am VERY happy with it.
Thanks gang!

kayi4cle

Premium Subscriber
I have both the Pro-106 and 197, and bought a cable with 1/8-inch stereo plugs at Radio Shack. When I update one of the radios, I simply clone it to the other. That's a neat feature (especially if you program manually!).

bkantor

Pro 106 Coupon

I just ordered one myself - it is on sale for $399 + free shipping. If you join ebates.com (or already belong) you can go through a coupon link for an additional $10 off + 2% cash back! $389 + another 2% back is a great deal! I'll use some of that $ towards the $34 programming cable.

Regards,
Bob

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
So I went and ordered the Pro 106...good sale plus a coupon. Any real significant differences with the PSR 500, or is it basically the 500 in a Radio Shack case. I already have the Pro 197 and I am VERY happy with it.
Thanks gang!

Internally it's the same, with a very minor difference if the firmware to reflect the Radio Shack brand when you turn it on. Externally the placement of the speaker, display, and control panel is different. They program, and perform identically.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
I have both the Pro-106 and 197, and bought a cable with 1/8-inch stereo plugs at Radio Shack. When I update one of the radios, I simply clone it to the other. That's a neat feature (especially if you program manually!).

Now that just made it worth the price of admission!

Status
Not open for further replies.