RS Pro-433 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyehawke

Hello everyone, I hope this note finds you all well.

First let me say that I am relatively clueless about this world of scanners. My wife, however, enjoys listening to our local law enforcement band. We live in Broward County Florida, and the Sheriffs Dept is the principal law enforcement for most of the county, having incorporated many of the city departments into BSO.

Brief background:

Bought wife RS Pro-433 last Christmas.

You kind folks talked me through how to get the programing software for Browards trunking system, as well as how to actually use it and program it. (Ten thousand thank yous!)

Not long ago, it stopped scanning like it did before. It no longer receives the the responding deputy, only dispatch for the most part, isn't scanning the same frequencies, and is basically driving me insane trying to figure something out I have almost no background or knowledge of !!!

I have reprogrammed it twice without positive results.

My question(s) I hope to resolve are:

Is it possible Broward County changed their trunking system?
If so, how would I find out and reprogram?

Is it possible a lightning strike fried something? It does scan, but only like it did out of the box and not the programmed freq's.

Do I need to upgrade to a digital scanner for our area?

I am at my wits end and just about insane over it!!!

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Patrick Connell

skyehawke

Pro-433 problem

If that is the case, how would I find out?

Additionally, is there anything I can do about it with the RS Pro-433, or will I need to purchase a different scanner?

Thank you for the reply and take care.

Patrick

DickH

Is it possible Broward County changed their trunking system?
If so, how would I find out and reprogram?

Do I need to upgrade to a digital scanner for our area?

The system can use digital, but the databank shows all analog. As long as they stay analog your PRO-433 will work. It's possible they may have re-banded the system. If so, you need to enter new freqs., if any, and change the band plan.

Which site are you monitoring?

JohnNDenver

Radio system change

Did your local PD go to a Project 25 (APO 25) system If it did your present scanner will not do that system
It will do EDACS I have the Model 528-The handheld version.

Your scanner will not work properly until you enter the "Talkgroups" in AFS format . You need to check florida section here and see if that info has been posted.

This scanner will not work adequately "Out of the box". It needs to be programmed

austinscan1

Broward trs

No Broward did not reband, or go digital (except Hollyweird). The trs is alive and well right now (29 July 2008 0730).

JohnNDenver

Download the butel software for that radio. That scanner is still good for coverage on Marine, Ham UHF-VHF, aviation It does not...do APCO25 (The New standard) Got to Wikipedia and get the articles on Mororola 1 and II also CTCSS (To hold the frequency longer) I own both the 433 and the handheld 528.

Status
Not open for further replies.