RS Pro-83 Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
I'm looking or some programming software for my RS Pro-83, I know theres a few in the wiki page and I have the freeware one, but I'm wondering if there are any others.

Thanks

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
No I haven't, looks interesting though. Like I said above I have gotten the freeware version of Load83 from one of the yahoo groups, but its confusing as hell, I followed everything that the manual said and it gave me problems.

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
Well I think I found out one of the problems, I have the wrong programing cable, it calls for the 20-289 and I bought the 20-049 today, don't think I'll return it though as it was only $1.06 with tax, cheapest thing I have ever bought from Radio Shack. :)

Last edited:

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
This may be the wrong forum to ask about it in, but it goes along with this. Its, talked about in the manual for Load83 that you could use a home made cable, would anybody have any information on this.

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
This cable circuit should work.

Attachments

• Programming Cable One-way Bipolar.GIF
    Programming Cable One-way Bipolar.GIF
    4.7 KB · Views: 1,571

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
Cool thanks I'll have to see if I can figure it now.

Do you have more info on this diagram, I'm not finding anything on google, was looking for something that didn't involve the transistor I haven't yet been able to find one in all my stuff. I do have the resistor though, a crap load of them. :)

Last edited:

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
Its mostly going to be on my laptop so yes theres USB, just not looking to spend the money on the cable yet since I just have the 83 from RS, if I can I would like to use my skills and build one I have all the parts except the transistor like said. Plus I'm currently using a serial to USB for my 396. :)

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
Cool thanks I'll have to see if I can figure it now.

Do you have more info on this diagram, I'm not finding anything on google, was looking for something that didn't involve the transistor I haven't yet been able to find one in all my stuff. I do have the resistor though, a crap load of them. :)

The transistor is needed for level shifting and signal inversion. It can't be done any simpler than the diagram presented. Radio Shack has the transistor for 79 cents, Model: MPS2222A
Catalog #: 276-2009.

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
I couldn't find one in all my parts so I guess I'll go pick one up while I'm out and about today. Thanks for the info and I'll see what I come up with.

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
What I came up with

Heres what I came up with seems to work, but still need to do further testing. I built it out of an old camera serial cable, which to my surprise had the wires I needed, also it had the little capsule which worked perfect for housing the resistor and transistor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.