rtl-sdr V4 squelch issue

psycoborg

Feed Provider
I just upgraded my DSD+ Fastlane to the RTL-SDR V4 version of the Dongle. It worked at first without a flaw. then a couple days ago it sounded like it was running without a Squelch Granted I can still hear chatter. but when no one is talking the is hissing noise like when a CB radio has been turned all the way down happens. been playing with the settings. but I can't get it to go away.

Has anyone had this issue? if so, did you get it fixed? I might go back to the V3 dongles for now. and play with the V4 until i figure it all out.

Also, for the RadioReference database for Richmond CA and San Pablo. the files seem to be missing the data needed to see which department is Talking. I used to have this. but now its TMDA for all channels. Do i have to go through and enter them all manually? or is there a better way to handle this?

psycoborg

Feed Provider
Forget this problem. I found this link, and It solved my problem. I simply Started over, and followed the instructions here, and everything works way better than the setup I originally had. Cudos to him for posting it.