Rural Metro Yuma County Freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jad742

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody know anything about any frequency changes by Rural Metro Fire and Ambulance in Yuma County? They have gone off the air both my scanners recently. Specifically 154.325 which is or was their dispatch frequency.

N5WMT

Premium Subscriber
Yuma Rural Metro

Still receiving here in the North Foothills. They have been having serious radio problems with dispatch audio for some time. Heard radio shop doing some testing on Wednesday.

jad742

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I found out yesterday that their repeater was down and it should be up soon. Perhaps the testing you heard was part of that. For some reason it never occurred to me that there were maintenance issues. I thought that perhaps with the change over at the YFD they were going to trunking or something. I am 2 miless south of I 8 and a mile east of Foothills Blvd and I haven't heard anything most of this week. John

N5WMT

Premium Subscriber
On investigation

Was working in my shop today and you are right RM is barely readable. Was receiving well in house with HP1 and a good antenna. Shop has a AOR2000 with a mag mount 2 meter antenna.

Regards,

E5911

Premium Subscriber
yuma Rural metro

Rural lost thier Ch1 Repeater, in early feb, and ran on Ch 5 (154.400) for a while. Fisher wireless placed a temp repeater on telegraph hill but the fix is temporary. Channel 1 is and has been back on the air as most of you know.

The issue is YRCS and narrowbanding. Corperate has made no decision on what they are doing about narrowbanding the repeater. They are current with paperwork, no change in frequencies, but the Yuma folks wand to move to 800 and vacate VHF. 800 has better coverage on the west side. And more channels are possible. However corperate may not want to pay subscriber fees. Stay tuned.

By the way, all EMS are running 800 in the city

N5WMT

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. I was able to receive everything here in the North Foothills with an HP1 and discone antenna although weak. Reception on my other scanners was mostly non existant.

Will stay tuned for the 800 stuff.

epn440

Update

Rural Metro Fire in the city of Yuma is being dispatch for medical calls on Yuma fire per the Rural metro Chief. The VHF freq is still used through out the county and a lot of the time you can hear both city dispatch and county to the same call as before.

Status
Not open for further replies.