S&T and CBP Host the Havre Sector Field Experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhillin

Premium Subscriber
Hopefully, these technologies will be adopted by the US Border Patrol and deployed nationwide to all Border Patrol Sectors. I spent 30 years in the Border Patrol on the Texas/Mexico border. The lack of always reliable communications did hamper enforcement efforts in the places I was stationed at.

For those who may not be aware, the US Border Patrol (USBP) is THE primary enforcement agency along all of the Unites States border areas. The USBP does a very good job of apprehending illegal aliens and the smugglers of illegal aliens. It is a federal felony to commit alien smuggling. The areas that the USBP works in are also popular with drug smugglers. Even though it is a secondary mission, the USBP apprehends many, many drug smugglers as well as illegal drugs. You name the drug, and rest assured, the USBP has seized it and arrested those smuggling it. The USBP catches more drugs and drug smugglers that the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) combined.

The building of a "border wall" predates the Trump administration, yet I do not remember any serious opposition to the wall from career politicians as we see these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.