Saginaw County Fire Pages Now On MPSCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8rdz

Blackhawks
Premium Subscriber
As of February 28, 2017, all county fire departments are now being paged over the MPSCS. VHF frequency 154.2500 will no longer be used or will simulcast communications from 73COFD (dec:1627) talkgroup.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
I deleted the 154.250 a couple days ago from the database since they did indeed 'pull the plug' on that.

On the scanner side what I have heard or not heard, no tones or voice are heard on any of the individual paging station talkgroups as they are setup for the G4 approved pagers on the MPSCS.
You will hear voice on the dispatch talkgroups.
So if your thinking of hearing paging tones or voice ... As I did hehe initially on the 14076 - 14096 talkgroups, you won't.
So really to me its optional if you put in these individual station paging talkgroups or not. I would keep for sure all the county ones - 11750, 11116 and the said 1627.

Last edited:

GeneseeCoMI

I deleted the 154.250 a couple days ago from the database since they did indeed 'pull the plug' on that.

On the scanner side what I have heard or not heard, no tones or voice are heard on any of the individual paging station talkgroups as they are setup for the G4 approved pagers on the MPSCS.
You will hear voice on the dispatch talkgroups.
So if your thinking of hearing paging tones or voice ... As I did hehe initially on the 14076 - 14096 talkgroups, you won't.
So really to me its optional if you put in these individual station paging talkgroups or not. I would keep for sure all the county ones - 11750, 11116 and the said 1627.

So if there's no voice/audio on them and they're useless to scanner listeners, shouldn't they be tagged as Data instead of Fire Dispatch in the DB?

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Hmmm... well upon further review I did hear today Spaulding twp fire page talkgroup 14091 have voice on it!

Program those page talkgroups em in! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.