San Bernardino County (37C) new site 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
On San Bernardino County (37C), new site 33 (CC 853.8500) is being announced as a neighbor by site 13 (Mountain Sim), and not by sites 9 (Ontario), 21 (West Valley Sim), and 23 (West Cent Vly Sim). The rest, north and east of the IE, are unknown, and where it's at unless it's maybe this site (WROQ571) just north of CA-2 in Wrightwood. Though it's up high, it's surrounded by significantly higher peaks and looks like it might be designed for local coverage up in the Wrightwood valley, and not carry down the mountain. The license is in the YE service, "Public Safety/Spec Emerg/PS Natl Plan", FWIW.

Note that the 37C system currently shows 853.8500 in only one place, as a non-CC for site 37 (Government Peak, up in Kern County). I'm hearing it as the control channel for site 9 (Ontario PD), confirmed by decode yesterday.

Anyone out in the deserts or up in the mountain valleys hear 853.8500 (hopefully with trunking decode, to confirm it's not the Ontario local site)?

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
Another potential site is on WRKZ337 at Forest Falls FS, which is surrounded on three sides and may or may not have a shot to the west that I would hear, though it's low power, and probably intended to just fill in that valley.

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
I am pretty sure from what you are saying that this is a new site for Wrightwood area. The county has been using fill in 800 mhz frequencies for Law and Fire and most likely want to retire them and get them on the trunking system with the rest of the agencies.

tkenny53

The location in WW on the map, is spotted with cell towers, so not sure they would put 100 watt tower, Frost Peak and Table Mt. would be the better logical spots, since they are in use and systems in place. the current fill-in tower is said as Temp until updated.

f40ph

Feed Provider
Frost Peak and Table Mt. would be the better logical spots, since they are in use and systems in place.
That's the problem, systems aren't in place. Frost peak is not part of the County microwave system (i.e. no trunking site possible there at this time)

Status
Not open for further replies.