San Bernardino County: Mojave Desert Volunteer Search and Rescue Team (Rescue 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
At US > California > San Bernardino (County) [Los Angeles] > Mojave Desert Volunteer Search and Rescue Team (Rescue 3), Repeater has an input freq of 150.175, which is a federal frequency (as other posts have mentioned, and as documented as "BLACKJACK" in the Air Force's NTTR Land Use Survey in 2017. It doesn't appear in the unclassified NTIA data.

At US > California > San Bernardino (County) [Los Angeles] > Attractions > Rescue 3, there's a duplicate set of these R3 channels, except this one shows the input at 151.175, which is a legitimate public safety channel.

150.175 only appears in one other place in the US database, Greer FD (SC), and one license in the FCC ULS, WPNX570 to Sunnydale (TX).

I suspect this is a typo. Anybody know for sure what frequency R3's repeater uses as an input?

I was unable to find the relevant licenses or figure out who R3 is, either, though my search was not exhaustive.

(ping @avdrummerboy, based on this post)

avdrummerboy

To the best of my knowledge, based on ICS comms plans as well as radio code plugs, the 151 MHz frequency is the correct one, not sure where the 150 MHz frequency came from. For the most part, repeater usage by them is very limited as it is a solar powered suitcase repeater and simplex is most often used.

Not sure what their license is, they may operate under the district 37 banner but I've never looked myself. Rescue 3 is an off road safety and recovery operation that is seen at many of the OHV events in the San Bernardino county area.

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
I've submitted the suggested change to the database, based on the code plug comment. There's a ham club called Rescue 3 ARC in Anaheim, KM6WTA, that appears to be it, based on https://www.findglocal.com/US/Lucerne-Valley/112463448824278/Rescue-3,-Inc.

There are also the following discrepancies between page1 and page2 :

1. Page1 says channel 4 is 153.140, while page2 says it is 153.4. I think 153.14 is correct, as it is a valid IB channel, while 153.4 is not (valid channels are 153.395 and 153.410, and splinter 153.4025). I'm guessing someone dropped the "1" while typing. I'm suggesting it be corrected (to 153.14).

2. Page1 says the repeater on 155.175 is PL 91.5 while page2 is PL 110.9. Both seem possible, given the 110.9 shown on the 151.925 repeater on one hand, but the 91.5 tone more common on the other channels OTOH. Maybe someone knows these folks and can ask them, or listen in at their next event (should be soon, right?).

Status
Not open for further replies.