San Bernardino Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff2233

Yeah they did, AIR-1 is part of the mayor's "Operation Phoenix" anti-crime plan. The hours of operation are swing shift, Wed thru Sat. It's a Robinson R44 the PD contracted for 90 days ($98,000) from California Aviation Services. It's equipped with an MDT, PD radio, mapping system, a 15 million candlepower "nightsun", and a FLIR infrared system. It has a top speed of approx 140 mph, and it's based over at SB Intl Airport (old Norton AFB) and along with the pilot, a SBPD officer is on board. I guess using SBSO's 40-King was getting kinda expensive for the PD.

yukon

Premium Subscriber
Air 1 info

Does Air 1 have a seperate TGID for calling or is it all was on the dispatch channel? I also read in the daily bulleten that is on a 3 month trial basis with the City. we'll see how it goes. I know that 40 king sure stays busy

jeff2233

yukon said:
Does Air 1 have a seperate TGID for calling or is it all was on the dispatch channel? I also read in the daily bulleten that is on a 3 month trial basis with the City. we'll see how it goes. I know that 40 king sure stays busy
Yep, it's on a 90 day trial. Air-1 uses all of the regular SBPD channels. The Zebra units are the special task force units assigned to the "Operation Phoenix" crime areas as is Air-1, and are typically heard on 10-SPBD-4 (TG: 20880). Air-1 is usually flying patrol during the swing shift hours Wed-Sat, so they don't need to be "bumped" out of the hangar on a call to call basis like 40-King does.

Status
Not open for further replies.