Sangean CL-100 Vs. Motorola MWR839 Weather Alert Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I am in the market for a new weather alert radio. Right now, I am considering either a Sangean CL-100 or a Motorola MWR839. Does anybody happen to know which is preferable.

fuzzmanks

I did my research (mostly on Amazon reviews) and selected the Sangean. I wasn't looked for the cheapest "good" alert radio, but a good one. I'm very happy with my purchase that I made about 3 years ago. I've since bought 2 more for my other family households. I live in the tornado alley of Kansas and that is our main threat. I don't know anything about the Motorola unit you mentioned. Again, it was the reviews that sold me...I also waited 2 or 3 months and got it on sale for like $38 in December 2012.

marksmith

I got a sangean CL-100 from amazon and it does fine. However, I also got a Reecom R-1650. Having both of them, I purchased a second Reecom to give as a Christmas present this past year. Both are basically the same in terms of being a good weather radio and also an AM/FM radio.

I just think that if your emphasis is in the good weather radio part, the reecom was the best.

Mark
536/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/
396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

Status
Not open for further replies.