ProScan: Save To file after lengthy scan?

guruuno

Premium Subscriber
RTFM'd, no find, so I ask.
I scan selected "favorites" or all, either or, I double click "avoid" to permanently avoid junk, noise, unwanted freqs, how do I write back the open database Sentinel flies in Proscan or other format of file that can be easily re-opened upon resumption of scanning at a later time so that the majority of avoided files and moving forward I don't need to spend laborus hours repeating the avoid process?

guruuno

Premium Subscriber
As an addition, Uniden SDS200E, I load all the "favorites", they scan, I "permanently delete", want to save via Proscan....how?

guruuno

Premium Subscriber
I'm screwed, turned it off by accident, will need to spend more hours doing it all over, awaiting a contribution to my answer....

Enforcer52

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
Either in Sentinel or ProScan, go into your favorites list. Each channel has an "Avoid" option that you can select. Go thru the channels and mark the ones you want to avoid (They will still be in the list but will not be scanned). Then write the file back to the scanner.

The avoid button is only a temporary avoid and will only work till the scanner is turned off.

If you want to set avoid in the master database from Uniden, then use Sentinel to set the avoids, and write it back to scanner.

Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
You will need to read the radio and save it. Your database will then match the radio. Favorites that are avoided, temporary or permanent, do not change the file unless read and saved. Avoids in the Uniden downloaded database will not survive a weekly update and will need to be redone however permanent ones in Favorites will not be changed and will continue to be locked out.

Avoid twice will be permanent and survive a restart of the radio. Works through ProScan (or directly on radio).
The avoid button is only a temporary avoid and will only work till the scanner is turned off.