Sc Dnr

Status
Not open for further replies.

fattiresc

Help: Sc Dnr

Are they digital, encrypted or both? I was hoping to listen to activity at Lake Murray tonight.

I have a Pro-97 scanner and was hoping I could add them. I use the trunked info from the RR database for region 3, but after an hour I haven't heard anything.

Thanks.

Last edited:

firefighter89

There was some sort of activity on Lake Murray in the area of Goat Island last night (Saturday). The comms were on DNR channel 5 ... the Little Mountain repeater on 151.160 / 167.9 .

Goat Island is on Lake Greenwood. I was down there a few weeks ago and the units on Lake Greenwood were using the Little Mountain repeater.

evan

Database Admin
Goat Island is on Lake Greenwood. I was down there a few weeks ago and the units on Lake Greenwood were using the Little Mountain repeater.

There is also a Goat Island on Lake Murray. DNR uses Ch.5 for Lake Murray ops. I haven't heard Greenwood units on Ch.5 before. I would expect them to use Ch.4 Greenwood on Lake Greenwood.

There were several incidents last night on Lake Murray before the fireworks show. A storm had rolled through shortly before the big event and there were reports of capsized vessels.

On any summer day you are likely to hear Lexington Co. SD and Richland Co. SD boats on DNR Ch.5 too. The Coast Guard and DNR communicate with each other on Marine Ch.16 (156.8)

And, slightly unrelated, during good ducting conditions, you are likely to hear Virginia State Police passed through the Little Mountain repeater.

firefighter89

There is also a Goat Island on Lake Murray. DNR uses Ch.5 for Lake Murray ops. I haven't heard Greenwood units on Ch.5 before. I would expect them to use Ch.4 Greenwood on Lake Greenwood.

There were several incidents last night on Lake Murray before the fireworks show. A storm had rolled through shortly before the big event and there were reports of capsized vessels.

On any summer day you are likely to hear Lexington Co. SD and Richland Co. SD boats on DNR Ch.5 too. The Coast Guard and DNR communicate with each other on Marine Ch.16 (156.8)

And, slightly unrelated, during good ducting conditions, you are likely to hear Virginia State Police passed through the Little Mountain repeater.

I didn't know about a Goat Island on Lake Murray, its been a long time since I've been down there. I was at Lake Greenwood last month and the DNR units were using the Little Mt. repeater for most of their traffic. There was some traffic on the Greenwood repeater but most was on Little Mt.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
>> I didn't know about a Goat Island on Lake Murray, its been a long time since I've been down there.

The only reason why I'm familiar with that Goat Island is because it's across the water from the cove where my brother-in-law lives ... on the eastern end of the lake.

>> And, slightly unrelated, during good ducting conditions, you are likely to hear Virginia State Police passed through the Little Mountain repeater.

Evan - Have you logged VSP Fairfax on the Little Mountain rptr within the past couple of months ? I haven't heard them lately, and was wondering if something had changed, or it was a matter of timing on my part.

evan

Database Admin
Evan - Have you logged VSP Fairfax on the Little Mountain rptr within the past couple of months ? I haven't heard them lately, and was wondering if something had changed, or it was a matter of timing on my part.

The first time I had heard them in a while was Thursday morning when you mentioned the possibility for good ducting. At the same time VSP Fairfax was being passed, there was already a lot of DNR activity on the repeater. A couple vanished on the lake last week. Nothing has been found but their boat. DNR was using an airplane to spot objects, then relaying them to boats to investigate.

I was able to decode 4 NC VIPER sites that morning as well.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
Hello all, has anyone heard motorboating on the 151.295 (Greenwood) freq.? Every now and then I hear it at the end of a transmission. I'm wondering if they are thinking of trunking the VHF DNR frequencies. Thoughts? Simulcasts?

Barry

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
Heard motorboating (control channel noise) on 151.325 (Aiken) today after transmission. Still curious. :confused:

angelofwar

What about Devils Fork State Park? Would that be on the DNR Freq? If so, which one would it be on? It's in Oconee County. I tired lookigng it up, but I'm not sure if they would be operating under the Wildlife Management, DNR, or Park Service, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.