BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Scan Modes

ve3elb

Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone. Am new to uniden scanners. I purchased a BDC992P2 scanner, program the scanner and don't hear any channels with P25. When I go though the setup under scan modes it has no P25 listed even the manual don't have it listed. I though this scanner came with P25 by default.

Also is it worth it to have a Trunking scanner as I have seen many companies are moving to DMR/NXDN networks would having the BCD260DN with DMR/NXDN be a better choice..

Which is the better choice:
BCD996P2
BDC260DN

BC_Scan

Which is the better choice:
two different animals all together ,
in the big city trunking is the norm NXDN + DMR and are in Vancouver + other parts of Canada
you are in big city (TO) trunking only way to listen to alot of things
the 260 was designed to appeal to people on their 2nd and higher count scanner for the non trunked needs
best advise 996 + DISCONE as high as you can with good LMR coax

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
Also is it worth it to have a Trunking scanner as I have seen many companies are moving to DMR/NXDN networks would having the BCD260DN with DMR/NXDN be a better choice..
Welcome to the RR forums. The 260DN does not trunk track any mode nor does it handle P25 at all.
I purchased a BDC992P2 scanner, program the scanner and don't hear any channels with P25.
Are you seeing bars of signal at all?

ve3elb

Premium Subscriber
if the channels have P25 listed, what about encryption ?
that would cause it to keep quiet.
Well am not sure. I imported the database from RR, checked it out and loaded it to the radio. but am not sure what’s going on or why am not receiving anything. Only analog FM.

ve3elb

Premium Subscriber
two different animals all together ,
in the big city trunking is the norm NXDN + DMR and are in Vancouver + other parts of Canada
you are in big city (TO) trunking only way to listen to alot of things
the 260 was designed to appeal to people on their 2nd and higher count scanner for the non trunked needs
best advise 996 + DISCONE as high as you can with good LMR coax
This is what am using. The BCD996P2 with Discone antenna.

a727469

Premium Subscriber
Isn’t this the same situation as in

BCD996P2 with ProScan​

simulcast might be the issue?