scanner acronyms

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4c346

hi, is there a place anywhere where i can find out what some of the abbreviations being used scanner wise you guys use posting. thanks.i hope i don't get a abbreviated answer,cause i won't get it.lol.thanks

Ch1ronTL34

Check the wiki (at the top of the page, next to the word "Forums"). It has a lot of answers. Are there any specific abbreviations you would like to know? We can't help you unless we know what's confusing you. Also, google is your friend. Try typing the abbreviations into google and you'll be amazed at the kind of information that's suddenly at your fingertips.

b4c346

thanks man,lol pretty much confused about alot of the abbreviations.i'll check that out.thank you very much

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There's no such thing as a complete list of acronyms. Never gonna happen - there's always something new that pops up as soon as you think you have it set :.>>

However as mentioned earlier, the wiki does have its own glossary - anything in blue (or in the wiki, underlined) is a link...

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Category:RR_Glossary

These are many, but by no means all, of the terms you will see used here on RR and elsewhere

73 Mike

af5rn

ka3jjz said:
However as mentioned earlier, the wiki does have its own glossary - anything in blue (or in the wiki, underlined) is a link...
It looks like all of us should send in our suggestions for addition to that glossary. I see several common terms that would be useful additions, like the various antenna connections, such as NMO, BNC, TNC, UHF, etc... People are commonly confused about those here.

Status
Not open for further replies.