Scanner Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

emscapt9816

Retired, but somehow working harder now...
Premium Subscriber
hypersight, did you receive your case yet? How do you like it? I just received the hard leather case w/ swivel belt clip from Scanner Master for my PSR-500. BTW, the hard leather case now has a clear plastic front.

Pictures?

CbusRog

Premium Subscriber
Pictures?

Here's a few pictures. Let me preface by saying this my second Scanner Master case for my 500. The first is the "Area 51" nylon case. The nylon case is decent enough, but it "sheds" around the window, and I don't like the belt loop. This hard leather case is built though, and the swivel-style belt loop will come in handy at air shows and such; mainly to prevent accidental drops off my belt, and keep it from being snatched. I can also slide it onto the narrow section of my sun visor in my truck, which is handy as I only have to reach up and right to adjust the volume or hit the pause key and still keep my eyes on the road. The only drawback is the case won't sit upright because of two rivets on the bottom, which is shown in one of the pictures.

All in all though, it's a keeper. I may get the soft leather case however for general protection around the house and in my vehicles, reserving the hard leather case for pedestrian use within crowds.

Attachments

• IMG_1531.jpg
    IMG_1531.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_1530.jpg
    IMG_1530.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1523.jpg
    IMG_1523.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_1529.jpg
    IMG_1529.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 133

emscapt9816

Retired, but somehow working harder now...
Premium Subscriber
PSR-500 Case

Thanks for posting the photos. Since it now has the plastic window, I will be ordering one. I usually have my radio on a stand, so the rivets on the bottom should not be a concern for me.

CbusRog

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for posting the photos. Since it now has the plastic window, I will be ordering one. I usually have my radio on a stand, so the rivets on the bottom should not be a concern for me.

Yes, the plastic window is a plus. Keep in mind that it's a great walk-about case, but bulky for EDC. I've already gone through two LiL'Kases (not that tough - window seam rips), and am thinking about a SM soft leather case.

Status
Not open for further replies.