Scanner Monitor App now with Audio Streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Been playing with the app for about 1 week.
Really love the design and how fast it is, with almost no delay in the controls and audio.
I would definitely be willing to pay for this app when finished!

I did run into some problems with the audio streaming.
It seems to only work intermittently. Many times I need to restart the Chrome server app or log in and out multiple times before it will play audio.

Is this an issue anyone else has encountered or something on my end?

Thanks!
I have had the same problem with having to log in and out.And restarting the server to get the audio to work.

deskins

To answer a some of the recent questions...

Been playing with the app for about 1 week.
Really love the design and how fast it is, with almost no delay in the controls and audio.
I would definitely be willing to pay for this app when finished!

I did run into some problems with the audio streaming.
It seems to only work intermittently. Many times I need to restart the Chrome server app or log in and out multiple times before it will play audio.

I have had the same problem with having to log in and out.And restarting the server to get the audio to work.

When the audio drops out - are either of you on mobile device at the time? Are you having to restart the application that is connected to the scanner - or reload the web page?

When I get a chance, I plan on making it easier for the audio to reconnect if it detects an issue. Been busy with my "real" daytime job lately - but hope to get back into this app soon to add some other exciting features.

During previous tests, some users streamed audio for 48 hours straight to another desktop with no issues and little latency.

What is the max numbers you can stream to?

The app currently uses point-to-point audio communications and is meant for personal use (one device at a time). I will look into options for those who may want to share their personal feed. In the meantime, there are other apps available that specialize in broadcasting audio to many users and you can use the Scanner Monitor app for the remote control.

Tedm

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

My computer card is not rrecognized by my 436. The spare I bought is not working either.

Is there a way to make the Uniden 436 work without its card?

I have only owned it about a month and now is is dead.

Thanks
Ted

lte5000

When the audio drops out - are either of you on mobile device at the time? Are you having to restart the application that is connected to the scanner - or reload the web page?

When I get a chance, I plan on making it easier for the audio to reconnect if it detects an issue. Been busy with my "real" daytime job lately - but hope to get back into this app soon to add some other exciting features.

During previous tests, some users streamed audio for 48 hours straight to another desktop with no issues and little latency.

Jeff,

I was experiencing the audio issues while on my Android phone (Chrome and Firefox browsers) as well as on my Windows 7 PC (Internet Explorer/Chrome/Firefox).

To get the audio to resume playing, I usually had to restart the app that is connected to the scanner.

And often I would also have to refresh the web page on the client device.

I would say the audio usually stopped working within 24 hours.
Edit to clarify: I never streamed for more than 1-2 hour at a time, and typically when I went to connect again 12-24 hrs later, I would have to restart the app connected to the scanner to get the audio working.

The remote control part of the app has worked pretty much flawlessly.

Thanks for your reply, and I understand the time limitations.

Thanks!
Kendall

Last edited:

Tedm

Premium Subscriber
No Audio 436 Problem

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The problem seems to be if certain fields are not filled out the "dir" might be scanned but it will not acknowledge the freq if they have activity.

It just ignores them.

I now fill in the service field with Custom1 and 6000.00 miles around my house ZIP.

I also fill in the TAGs and Quick key and that seems to have helped.

===============================
The scanner has completely stopped working now.
It says there is a problem with the card and it has to have the data erased.

I erased all the data. That did not work.

I reformatted it. That did not work.

I bought a new disk and that did not work.

I live in Menlo Park CA.

Is there any place in the area that might has some knowledge how this thing works?

I hate sending it in and find out there is some simple solution.
===============================
IM sure a fee could be worked out to make it worth while if it is fixable without sending it in to Uniden.

Would 100.00$ be sufficient?

Best Regards
Ted
650-325-9861

woodpecker

I can't get any audio to come through using an LG G3 android phone with chrome or firefox.

If I use teamviewer the audio comes through fine though. The browser shows "Currently Streaming Audio" but nothing is heard.

The chrome app is running under windows 8.1

On one or two occasions the audio has worked even though nothing was changed but at the moment I having to use teamviewer for audio, any idea what might be causing this?

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.