PSR500/PSR600: Scanner Programming Maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Today I decided to do some house cleaning (Scanner cleaning) and would encourage all to do the same. Take the time to check for updated systems in the RRDB, delete old systems no longer in use, always check trunk tables and settings are correct, etc' etc'. Not sure when it happened to me or how but my PSR-500 was changed to bandplan = Canada? Also when I opened win-500 and read scanner there were trunking tables missing for my several tsys objects? Not sure what happened there maybe after several trips to the v-folders they got lost? All is good now, just saying it's wise to check once in a while especially if you're not hearing much. cc's could change? Can someone refresh my memory is Stationary and / check cc's the best setting for scanning at home for a Motorola 800/900 p25?

ScannerSK

Can someone refresh my memory is Stationary and / check cc's the best setting for scanning at home for a Motorola 800/900 p25?

Only if you want to check every control channel programmed into the scanner for that system. This may be desirable if different activity originates from different towers (especially noticeable on larger systems). Otherwise, you might want to use ROAM so it locks onto a stronger control channel and ignores weaker control channels which typically also are paired with weaker signal strength voice channels.

Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.