Scanner Recommendation (NYC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
the BC 346 XT is the best radio i every had to date ! I live in suffolk county area can pick up to N.Y. City all systems and some NJ systems too ! very good scanner the new BC 436 HP will come out this month it's like the Uniden's HomePatrol-1 only hand held !

Hey scannerman5555 :D ,

Do you miss not being able to listen to any of the digital TGIDs on the Suffolk County 800MHz Motorola II system? I don't see a digital scanner in your signature, but have you ever listened to these digital groups, perhaps on someone else's scanner?

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
only you here is the dig noise on the talk group in suffolk county area and other radio systems too with the BC 346 XT have them program thats all !.................. don the scanerman 5555

Hi Don,

Thanks but I don't think you understood my question :wink: ...

I know that with an analog scanner all you will hear will be digital noise if you try to listen to a digital TGID (trust me, been there done that :lol: ). What I was trying to find out was, have you ever listened to these digital TGIDs on a digital scanner? If not, forget my question. If you have, was there a lot of good action on those TGIDs?

NYC4FUN

Great news!

I picked up a BC346XT for a steal the other day and can't wait to receive it. Will report back with initial impressions and some more gratitude - wanted to thank you all again for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.