Scanner Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

CazBandit

Howdy-

I'm currently a feed provider and I am thinking about upgrading my scanner to a new one. Any suggestions as to what would be best for a feed? I would like to send the alpha tags to the feed. There was talk about re-banding in my area during this month's town board meeting that I attended so the new scanner should be ready for that also.

Currently I am using a Radio Shack PRO-97 handheld.

Thanks for your suggestions...
Chad

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Since you are used to the GRE-based scanners, I would suggest the GRE PSR-600 or RS Pro-106. (They are essentially the same radio.)

You can use the line-out to supply your online feed, without being affected by adjusting the volume, for your listening preference.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Since you are used to the GRE-based scanners, I would suggest the GRE PSR-600 or RS Pro-106. (They are essentially the same radio.)

You mean the PSR-500 :D

Skud

Feed Provider
Middleville, MI-Barry County(Near G.R. & Ionia

You can use the line-out to supply your online feed, without being affected by adjusting the volume, for your listening preference.

Your 97 is a handheld unit. The GRE 600 is a base unit. If you want to keep a handheld you would want the 500 not the 600.

The radio shack version does not include a power cord or usb cable and that is why the radio shack version is so much cheaper than going with the GRE version. You will need the USB cable to do alpha rags.

Status
Not open for further replies.