ScannerMaster.com shipping to Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkphotog

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering what your experience has been like with buying products from ScannerMaster.com and having them shipped to Canada. I'm selecting to have scanners shipped via USPS (and not UPS) to avoid brokerage and high shipping fees.

Did you end up paying PST? GST?

Thanks!

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
You'll almost always pay gst, pst and a handling fee.

Very rarely does anything slip through our greedy government's hands.

I believe Canada Post charges around $7 for handling.

meplat

Premium Subscriber
I ordered from Scannermaster in December and had it shipped via USPS. I paid all the taxes. You don't realize how messed up the postal service is up here is until you watch the USPS in action. I've been sending books to the States regularly for about 10 years now. It can take a week (and sometimes longer) for one to go from Sudbury or Barrie to the border. It usually takes a day to go from the border to whatever state it's being mailed to. They seem better at it.

WRT taxes, my amateur radio gear has rarely been assessed. I've only had to pay once in at least twenty shipments. Odd.

pathalogical

I ordered from SM and my experience was very good. I bought the AC and DC plugs for my Pro 106 in July 2009. I used USPS and item arrived in 8 days. Someone said that under $100 there is no PST/GST...don't quote me !

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Definitly stick to USPS, stay away from UPS.
You'll be assessed 13% tax on the full value + $5 handling fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.