Status
Not open for further replies.

lawman210

Just saw this today Scannerworld

Just saw this. Ordered several Gps adapter cables 2 days ago
ydajysym.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

lawman210

They must still be operating off ebay as I ordered several Gps cables and they shipped in 2 days

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
And they spelled "accepting" wrong. :D

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
I recall leaving them numerous emails and voice-mails about some scanner antennas they sell. Never heard from them. They sent me a few product updates, and invite you to let them know if you have any questions. I did. Never heard back from them. Not sure what's up with them. BTW this was well before they added this notice to their website.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
This message been on this site since at least around November last year because I was trying to cheech prices on a antenna

cdknapp

Premium Subscriber
I began dealing with Scanner World back in the mid 1980's. Back then is was one of the real go-to places for all kinds of radio gear; they even sold some (very limited) 2 way stuff along with anything you could think of on scanners.
They had been cutting back on what they stock, bit by bit, over the years.
The last time I was there was around 3 years ago when I bought my 396XT. I happened to be in Albany at the time and when right to their showroom and picked it up. Things were very thin then, stock-wise, and they had a lot of non-radio related stuff, almost like going into a flea market. At the time, you needed an appointment to actually get into the showroom.
While they always shipped stuff out right away, they were never very good at answering telephone messages and/or (later) emails.
Now that I think about it, I used to get weekly emails from them. Haven’t received one of those for a while now (several months).
The point is that I wouldn't be surprised if they end up shutting down all together. They might be just liquidating what they have left via EBay??

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Sad but I see more of this happening in the future. Whatever happened to all the scanner stores? I know there were never many of them but it seems they are all disappearing. Wasn't there one in CA too? What about Radio-Ware? Again, sad.

SCPD

QRT
ebay

Sad but I see more of this happening in the future. Whatever happened to all the scanner stores? I know there were never many of them but it seems they are all disappearing. Wasn't there one in CA too? What about Radio-Ware? Again, sad.

Ebay is putting a dent in their fender,hate to say it but for 599 you can get it from Scannerworld,wouldnt you rather have it for $588 and free shipping on ebay?

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
Scanner world's decline started years ago when they moved from their old downtown location on New Scotland ave to their current location.. their walk in sales decreased immensely. I had dealt with them for over 25 yrs were always great.. but when Scanner Master in Mass. got big around the same time as Scanner World's move, the owner's wife made a bad decision to start selling Antiques our of the same location as another way to make make money that failed big time. From what I have heard 1 of the owner passed away last year and they are basicly liquidating their stock on EBAY..
Sad end to 1 of the best Scanner stores in the U S...

scannersnstuff

scannerworld also had some of the worst customer service <?>. and support around. when i finally did get a refund from them, they decucted money from it. i guess it was their inconvienience charge. i'll never deal with them or universal radio again. both suck lemons !.

kmacinct

Uniden

Had a brief conversation with a small radio shop / vendor recently. Sounds like Amazon and the Big Box Stores are going to be the goto place for a lot of the new items - including Uniden stuff. Not going to be many distributors.

nyemt774

Premium Subscriber
What has happened to ScannerWorld??? I see their posting on the website about the illness in the family. Seems like it has been weeks since it was posted. Wondering if they are ever going to resume taking orders???

CrabbyMilton

I don't like to read of such things either and I hope and pray these people can get back on their feet. I think I may have bought something from them years ago and don't recall any problems. However, the bottom line is, if you want or need something, what does it really matter where you buy it from? Sure all things being equal, I would rather buy from the local store as opposed to someone across the country. My experience validated that many times. I tried to buy a new scanner from a mom and pop radio store that everybody recommended as THE place and expert on all things scanning. I go in there and the they had no idea what I was talking about in regards to the model scanner I was interested in. I walked out a bit peeved and found a mail order(Iwasn't web connected yet) store and was able to buy the scanner with no fuss. So don't blame the competition if the mom and pops can't seem to get it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.