• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Scanning for clear frequencies from coordinator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDTS

Premium Subscriber
I have been scanning the list my coordinator gave me for an IG FCC application. I have been using ProScan and the Search Frequencies here on Radio Reference. ProScan with my scanner enables me to monitor the frequencies and also record the audio. I am stumped because on a frequency that a search shows no license in neighboring cities I am getting runs of a 5 second burst of audio spaced 1 second apart thru out the day. It seems automated and might be digital. Anybody know what it could be? Other than that the freq is clear.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
First off, would you mind sharing the frequency in question? That would help with identifying it. Second, you posted this in the Federal Monitoring section of the forums - is this a frequency in the federal spectrum (138-144, 144-150.75, 162-174 or 400-420 MHz)?

- Chris

JASII

Memory Capacity
Scanning For Clear Frequencies From Coordinator

Like Chris said, we will need to know the frequency. Also,if it truly is a federal frequency, then it will not be listed with the FCC because they get their authorization elsewhere.

bfperez

Premium Subscriber
Is it possible it's telemetry?

I've spent quite a bit of time reading 47CFR 90.35
eCFR — Code of Federal Regulations

One example is limitation 30 which is on a ton of frequencies:
This frequency will be assigned with an authorized bandwidth not to exceed 11.25 kHz. In the 450-470 MHz band, secondary telemetry operations pursuant to §90.238(e) will be authorized on this frequency.

RDTS

Premium Subscriber
First off, would you mind sharing the frequency in question? That would help with identifying it. Second, you posted this in the Federal Monitoring section of the forums - is this a frequency in the federal spectrum (138-144, 144-150.75, 162-174 or 400-420 MHz)?

- Chris

It's in the IG business frequencies. I posted here because I could find no other section that came close. Finishing up our FCC business lic. It's in the 150 range. I can give you the freq if you still feel it would help. If this isnt the spot to post could you steer me in the right direction.

kma371

QRT
It's in the IG business frequencies. I posted here because I could find no other section that came close. Finishing up our FCC business lic. It's in the 150 range. I can give you the freq if you still feel it would help. If this isnt the spot to post could you steer me in the right direction.

Your state forum might be better place to start. people in your area might be better familiar with freqs in your area.

RDTS

Premium Subscriber
Your state forum might be better place to start. people in your area might be better familiar with freqs in your area.

Thanks I'll give that a try. Primarily I just wanted to know if anybody might know what 4 second burst at 1 second intervals might be. In a 30 day period I logged 2 hours of it.I am the only lic holder on that freq in 2 cities. Probably data or digital though. Thanks again!

ecps92

Plenty of expired licenses are still in use.
You could also be hearing [depending on the radio you use] Adjacent channels.

Knowing a.) Where you are and b.) The Freq's can help us formulate a better response

I have been scanning the list my coordinator gave me for an IG FCC application. I have been using ProScan and the Search Frequencies here on Radio Reference. ProScan with my scanner enables me to monitor the frequencies and also record the audio. I am stumped because on a frequency that a search shows no license in neighboring cities I am getting runs of a 5 second burst of audio spaced 1 second apart thru out the day. It seems automated and might be digital. Anybody know what it could be? Other than that the freq is clear.

mkewman

I suspect that the frequency may be part of a distant LTR system or trunked system using telemetry. Your best bet is to see what RSSI level you're getting on the transmissions. If it's a very low power transmission, you'll be fine with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.