TRX-1: Scanning Multicast System

Status
Not open for further replies.
While scanning a multicast system (multiple repeaters, broadcasting the same transmission) is it possible to have the scanner lock in on the strongest signal? I understand that the easiest solution to this is to simply not scan, and just listen in on the closest repeater. However, the way I set up my scan banks, I have programmed all the repeaters within the multicast system. I would like the scanner to lock in on the strongest repeater signal. The system is running APCO-25 and if the scanner stops on a weak signal, the transmission comes through partially scrambled. Thanks!

Ubbe

From the help file in EZscan:

"On trunked systems with multiple transmitter sites, the Whistler TRX-1 Digital Trunking scanner will search for the best site.

The Data Decode Threshold settings are used to control the selection of the best site.

When a system is first enabled, the scanner will scan through the sites from the first one listed looking for a control signal. When one is found, the scanner will sample the data stream and calculate a decode rate based on expected data transmission rates. If the scanner finds a site that meets the high threshold value, it will use that site until the decode rate drops below the low threshold value. At that point, the scanner will attempt to find another site using the same process."

/Ubbe

Ubbe

It's possible that it doesn't matter. You can enter each frequency as a seperate site in the trunked tab. If it checks the data errors during voice conversations it should select a strong site.

Set the low threshold to 90 (or the lowest value that doesn't give garbled voice) and see what happens.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.