Schoharie County Law Frequencies

k2hz

Database Admin
I was checking the RRDB listings for Schoharie County and found some issues with the Law listings.

What first caught my attention was the 155.730 KEF699 license was expired. It turns out the current license is WRUU967 which covers added sites.

Then I noticed the 155.040 repeater input was listed as 155.880 which did not make sense since 155.880 is the "South" repeater. I found very old submissions that had apparently led to confusion but 155.040 input is apparently 151.160 and 155.880 input is 151.4075 per the licenses and both are 156.7PL per the old submissions.

I am deleting the 156.210 listing since it is a listed Fulton County channel probably in Schoharie radios for Interop and is not licensed to Schoharie.

So I made the changes and would appreciate if anyone can confirm the listings are now correct or has any other corrections or additions for Schoharie.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
At one time, the some of the Fulton County licenses included a transmitter site in Montgomery County. The current license for 156.210 does not, however. That may be why the db ended up with this info.

k2hz

Database Admin
At one time, the some of the Fulton County licenses included a transmitter site in Montgomery County. The current license for 156.210 does not, however. That may be why the db ended up with this info.
It was submitted based on a one time observation during 2011 Hurricane Irene rescue ops when multiple agencies were involved that CSQ portables were heard on 156.210 in Schoharie County. Possibly adjacent counties may have it in their radios for interop or Fulton units may have been involved in the operations.

trainman111

Premium Subscriber
It was submitted based on a one time observation during 2011 Hurricane Irene rescue ops when multiple agencies were involved that CSQ portables were heard on 156.210 in Schoharie County. Possibly adjacent counties may have it in their radios for interop or Fulton units may have been involved in the operations.
156.210 is also Hamilton Co. Sheriff's Office, which neighbors Fulton to the north.

k2hz

Database Admin
I would like to hear Schoharie, but my BCD436HP hears everything but Schoharie and Rensselaer Sheriffs for whatever reason.
Can anyone confirm that Schoharie Sheriff 155.730 is still 186.2 PL? They upgraded to a multi-site system and may have made some changes. The RRDB info was submitted in 2006! I suggest you listen in CSQ mode in case the PL has changed.

Are you listening for Rensselaer Sheriff on 155.8875 or the trunked system? Where are you located?
Your BCD436 would likely have problems with the trunked system since it is simulcast.

IC518

I’m in Albany and I listen for the RCSO on both the conventional and trunked systems to no great effect. I can hear East Greenbush PD and all of the Fire/EMS stuff from Rensselaer County, but no RCSO. I need to learn more about things like CSQ (I have no clue what that is), but I’m just looking to hear all of the PD/FD/EMS/DOT in Albany, Schenectady, Rensselaer, Columbia, Greene, Saratoga, Fulton, Montgomery, and Schoharie counties. I don’t get how I can hear Greene and not Schoharie or hear Montgomery and not RCSO. Any helpful advice or online resources to learn more about scanning?

k2hz

Database Admin
I’m in Albany and I listen for the RCSO on both the conventional and trunked systems to no great effect. I can hear East Greenbush PD and all of the Fire/EMS stuff from Rensselaer County, but no RCSO. I need to learn more about things like CSQ (I have no clue what that is), but I’m just looking to hear all of the PD/FD/EMS/DOT in Albany, Schenectady, Rensselaer, Columbia, Greene, Saratoga, Fulton, Montgomery, and Schoharie counties. I don’t get how I can hear Greene and not Schoharie or hear Montgomery and not RCSO. Any helpful advice or online resources to learn more about scanning?
CSQ is Carrier Squelch, meaning no PL/DPL entry so you hear whatever is on the frequency. I was suspicious of that Schoharie listing when I saw how old it was and the license expired. So I found it had been relicensed as a multi-site system but was still analog so I updated the call sign and left the entry as is since there had been no submissions about the expanded system. Such a change does often mean a change in the PL/DPL so I need input from someone in the area to confirm what is going on.

The 436 is great for everything except P25 Simulcast where YMMV as I described in the post I linked to about Rensselaer. I use a 436 and 536 for everything but P25 simulcast.