scope services

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamikaze1

Premium Subscriber
we have this contractor company in greenwood sc that checks meters to turn on/off power they are contractors for duke power scope-services.com is there site here in greenwood they have radios the thing is i cant pick up any transmissions it looks like they use 800mhz antennas the thing is im making it my goal to figure out the freq. but.... fcc doesn't list any freqs. under the name scope services could they be using gmrs murs or some type radio like that?

can anyone spread some insight on this

ty

scanners: regency r1077 RS pro-404/163/164/197

Last edited:

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
we have this contractor company in greenwood sc that checks meters to turn on/off power they are contractors for duke power scope-services.com is there site here in greenwood they have radios the thing is i cant pick up any transmissions it looks like they use 800mhz antennas the thing is im making it my goal to figure out the freq. but.... fcc doesn't list any freqs. under the name scope services could they be using gmrs murs or some type radio like that?

can anyone spread some insight on this

ty

scanners: regency r1077 RS pro-404/163/164/197

Hello Kamikaze,

You might try the 900 MHz Public Service Band. Even though SCE&G is on the Pal 800 system, all the other power companies in this area are on the 900 MHz PSB. Do a search between 900 MHz and 1000 MHz for control channels and, of course, check the Radio Reference Database.

Good luck,
Barry

LarrySC

Duke owns Scope. Their radios are on Duke's new Open Sky system. Duke does not wish to be classified as Bad Guys who cut peoples power off so that is what Scope does. Scope employees, being a seperate divison, do not get the usual Duke benifits.

kamikaze1

Premium Subscriber
Duke owns Scope. Their radios are on Duke's new Open Sky system. Duke does not wish to be classified as Bad Guys who cut peoples power off so that is what Scope does. Scope employees, being a seperate divison, do not get the usual Duke benifits.

haha makes sense thanks

kamikaze1

Premium Subscriber
Hello Kamikaze,

You might try the 900 MHz Public Service Band. Even though SCE&G is on the Pal 800 system, all the other power companies in this area are on the 900 MHz PSB. Do a search between 900 MHz and 1000 MHz for control channels and, of course, check the Radio Reference Database.

Good luck,
Barry

thnx im gonna try that and see what pops up

Status
Not open for further replies.