SCPD OPS 2 ?

KD2TOM

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Mar 1, 2019
Messages
24
Reaction score
2
Location
Suffolk County NY
so I was listening to SCPD today and heard an announcement for certain units to switch to " PD OPS 2 " . but I don't see that channel in my scanner or in the RRDB , all I see is OPS 3 ,4 and 5. anyone have any info on this talk group ?
 

tvengr

Well Known Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
12,134
Reaction score
5,395
Location
Baltimore County, MD
Looking at the other talkgroups, I would suggest trying TGID 3005.


3007bbfDSCPD OPS 3Special 3 - PD OPS 3Interop
3009bc1DSCPD OPS 4Special 4 - PD OPS 4Interop
3011bc3DSCPD OPS 5Special 5 - PD OPS 5Interop
 

warren

Member
Joined
May 16, 2003
Messages
240
Reaction score
30
Funny I was thinking about this the other day, there use to be Special 1,2, 6/ OPS 1,2,6 in the past but there is no reference to them currently??
 

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
17,246
Reaction score
16,980
Location
BEE00
Put your scanner into ID Search mode (or the equivalent) and then you should receive undocumented talkgroups so that you can identify them and ultimately submit them to the RRDB.
 

hakwye8518

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Sep 1, 2010
Messages
241
Reaction score
57
Location
Town of Islip, NY
I have in my records pd ops-1 3003, pd ops-2 3005 pd ops-3 3007, pd ops-4 3009, pd ops-5 3011 with no encryption. Unitrunker shows under 700 hits for each. How ever it is my understanding they are running full time encryption on the pd ops channels and the encrypted talkgroups I have are as follows, Pd ops-1 enc 3931, pd ops-2 enc 3933, pd ops-3 enc 3935, pd ops-4 enc 3937, pd ops-5 enc 3939. The hits on the enc talkgroups are all within the last month and the lowest hit count is 3500 hits on pd ops-5 enc, pd ops 1,2, & 3 enc are all over 12,000 hits
 

KD2TOM

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Mar 1, 2019
Messages
24
Reaction score
2
Location
Suffolk County NY
maybe its because they're encrypted , it was a barricaded subject call they were on so that kinda makes sense. ive heard traffic on ops 3 ,4 and 5 so I know they're not encrypted .
 

warren

Member
Joined
May 16, 2003
Messages
240
Reaction score
30
I have received this talkgroup in the past and my notes say "Highway Patrol"??????
 

kb2kmm

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
43
Reaction score
43
Location
NY
Hearing 3961 today but cannot identify. Does anyone know what this is?
It's SCPD Highway Motorcycle units. Used for escorts. Mainly funeral details which they do frequently.
 

hakwye8518

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Sep 1, 2010
Messages
241
Reaction score
57
Location
Town of Islip, NY
There was an incident today were they switch to pd ops 2 and the encrypted pd ops 2 tg (3933) became active, while the unencrypted pd ops 2 remained inactive for 1.5hrs before finally becoming active. It would appear there are a couple radios that haven't been updated to use the encrypted pd ops talkgroups.
 

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
1,724
Reaction score
986
Location
Long Island, NY
If you have a list of the talk groups, please submit them to the database.
 
Top