• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Screen protector for G4/G5

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWonton

When I was looking for a screen protector for my G4, I started off by cutting a generic cell phone screen protector to size. However, I was never really happy with the optical distortion/haze of the plastic so I started looking for tempered glass screen protectors that were of the same size and found that the GoPro Hero 4 rear LCD screen protectors are a pretty good fit:

4WX0zuU.jpg

It comes up a little short on the top and bottom but those are masked off areas anyway and I figure the armor on the top and the raised plastic guards on the side and on the thumbstuck will help protect the exposed portions.

Optically the tempered glass protector is much better than the plastic one I had on before.

Might be something worth looking into if you don't want to cut your own custom screen protector.

When I was looking for a screen protector for my G4, I started off by cutting a generic cell phone screen protector to size. However, I was never really happy with the optical distortion/haze of the plastic so I started looking for tempered glass screen protectors that were of the same size and found that the GoPro Hero 4 rear LCD screen protectors are a pretty good fit:

4WX0zuU.jpg

It comes up a little short on the top and bottom but those are masked off areas anyway and I figure the armor on the top and the raised plastic guards on the side and on the thumbstuck will help protect the exposed portions.

Optically the tempered glass protector is much better than the plastic one I had on before.

Might be something worth looking into if you don't want to cut your own custom screen protector.

Looks good, where did you buy these from?

BigWonton

Looks good, where did you buy these from?

Off of Amazon. I just picked the first vendor that had decent reviews with Prime. There's also a bunch of listings on eBay as well.

The product I purchased was "AFUNTA Screen Protector for GoPro Hero 4 Black/Silver (Screen and Lens), AFUNTA 2 Pack (4 Pcs) HERO4 Anti-scratch Water-proof Tempered Glass Film Accessory" - however I'm not recommending or endorsing a particular product or vendor here (and if it's against the rules, mods feel free to strike it out).

Last edited:

N6ML

I got a plastic film type off eBay, from seller "truckie36". Optically, it seems good to me (unlike a rather old PDA type that I had in my junk drawer, and trimmed to fit) - apart from a couple of flecks of dust that got under it (my fault), I can barely tell it's there.

worble7

Made my own even rounded the corners but made it just a little big ugh. but I have a sheet of Armorsuit will remake some day.

Attachments

• 20180318_131610.jpg
    20180318_131610.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 226
Status
Not open for further replies.