Screwed up my hotspot

W4ejv

Ok , I have my second hotspot connected to my ATT mobile hotspot I scanned for the IP address was able to bring up pi-star But it was not my original pi page I thought since it was a second hotspot on a different device maybe I needed to fill it out. Well not only does it not work but it screwed up my home hotspot and I can no longer get into the pi-star server. Any ideas on how I can fix this . Love my radio but hate the whole config crap.
Jim W4ejv

n0xvz

Premium Subscriber
I'm not an expert, but I've done this too, and found it easier just to start from scratch. I've also learned that when I get a configuration that works, I save a good copy of the image. Also, I think you need to add an ESSID to the DMRID with a second hotspot. Again, not an expert...just trying to offer some help.

W4ejv

Thanks , I have considered starting over . I did save my original config but seem’s like I have messed up pi-star as it will not longer log me in. Just this morning I contacted pi-star Administrator for help and waiting to hear back. Before all this I had add my mobile hot spot along with the Essid and hit save and connect but it didn’t work. I do appreciate your help and response, thank you.
Jim W4ejv

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
Pi-Star is at end of support for the time being. You should be looking at WPSD at this website: w0chp.radio

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Do you have two DMR ID's?. TAKE YOUR TIME and figure it.. KNEE JERK solutions cause bigger problems.. It's something simple

W4ejv

Re do the sd card all over again and start over and make sure the other hotspot is off when you de the second one so your ATT hotspot can give it a new Ip address........
Thanks, I will look at the w0chp tonight and may switch to that with clean sd cards

W4ejv

The developer disagrees with you. In fact, it's just been updated this month.
If your saying I don’t have a DMR # sorry I do and have been using my radio and registered on BM. Registered on Radio ID. If I miss read your post my apologies.

n0xvz

Premium Subscriber
If your saying I don’t have a DMR # sorry I do and have been using my radio and registered on BM. Registered on Radio ID. If I miss read your post my apologies.
No, I was responding to the post I quoted. To rephrase, the Pi-Star developer hasn't said Pi-Star is at end-of-life and just released a stable version this month: Pi-Star Downloads - pistar.uk

W0CHP

Pi-Star is at end of support for the time being. You should be looking at WPSD at this website: w0chp.radio

Not true. Pi-Star is still under active development and is still a viable and excellent DV software distribution. In fact, Andy, the Pi-Sar dev, is using some of WPSD's code in his latest updates.

73, W0CHP (Author of WPSD).

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
Indeed - the rumor that Pi-Star support was discontinued at the end of last year was apparently not correct as there is now even a beta release of Pi-Star for bookworm. End result is a win-win for hotspot users; we now have two different hotspot applications that are both being actively developed and expanded. One of the better summations of the "Pi-Star vs WPSD" info is here -
Amateur Radio Notes: Pi-Star

W4ejv

ok , thanks All for your help I am back up and running on my home hotspot :). Now I need advice on setting up and adding my mobile hotspot to my pi-star/wpsd page. my setup will be my ATT hotspot {not my phone} a battery pack and my pi 3b+ I would like to keep my frequency the same so I don't have to mess with my code plug. looking forward to more help and advice.