SD Card File Error, Could not find file: D:\BCDx36HP\HPDB\hpdb.cfg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kos80

Hello! Please help solve the problem with recording the database. I accidentally formatted a disk, I can't write it down, I write an error all the time. I do everything according to the instructions. Search the results forum did not give. Writes that the card does not have these files. If anyone can send them to me I will be grateful.

Attachments

• IMG_20181217_202542.jpg
    IMG_20181217_202542.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20181217_203032.jpg
    IMG_20181217_203032.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Looks like you may have formatted a few things. On your "Clear User Data", that is something you would do via Sentinel. It is under the scanner tab. But then you'll have to write the full database, and profile and Favorites Lists you have and it appears you computer database is corrupted. You could try updating the full database again and cross every finger you have, maybe even some toes.

I'd wait and see if others chime in, but I'm thinking you are in a pickle. You "regular" file and "backup" files both got messed up at the same time. You can try

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Clear User Data function in Sentinel will write all the necessary files back to the card.

Kos80

I do cleaning of user data, writing to the USB flash drive is happening, but there are not enough files in the folders.

Kos80

That's all that is written on the card. There are no files in the folder HPDB.

Attachments

• IMG_20181218_132936.jpg
    IMG_20181218_132936.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 29

Kos80

Clear User Data function in Sentinel will write all the necessary files back to the card.
clearing user data is successful, but not all files appear. If you can send me a copy of these files, I will copy them into the folder. Perhaps the problem will be solved this way.

BBossman1

This won't help your current problem, but a piece of advice for the future... I always switch to a larger capacity card, so the first thing I do before even charging a new scanner is to copy all the files from the supplied card onto the larger card and then store the original card with the box the scanner comes in taped inside the cover of the manual.

Kos80

This won't help your current problem, but a piece of advice for the future... I always switch to a larger capacity card, so the first thing I do before even charging a new scanner is to copy all the files from the supplied card onto the larger card and then store the original card with the box the scanner comes in taped inside the cover of the manual.
Thanks, I already understood it! But how can I solve this problem?

Ubbe

I've done clear user data a couple of times and all data are populated. If if doesn't then download SDformatter (google it) and format the card before doing clear user data as you could have some low level format/partition problem.

If you have no files in the database folder then it will be transfered when you write to scanner in Sentinel and check the box that says force write full database. If you have never updated the database then do that first.

/Ubbe

phask

Premium Subscriber
That file is, or should be on your PC. It sounds like your copy of Sentinel is corrupted, if so it can complete clear user data properly.

Default is C:\programdata\Uniden\BCDx536HP_Sentinel\Database

This dir contains your Fav. lists, that CFG is the structure of your fav lists.

Kos80

That file is, or should be on your PC. It sounds like your copy of Sentinel is corrupted, if so it can complete clear user data properly.

Default is C:\programdata\Uniden\BCDx536HP_Sentinel\Database

This dir contains your Fav. lists, that CFG is the structure of your fav lists.
There is only one file in the folder you specified MasterHpdb.hp1, so I ask you to drop a copy of the files to me?

phask

Premium Subscriber
My file would not work for you, it's the config file for the user's fav lists.

I suggest re-installing Sentinel and don't delete that which you know naught.

Kos80

My file would not work for you, it's the config file for the user's fav lists.

I suggest re-installing Sentinel and don't delete that which you know naught.
Thanks for the advice! I have already reinstalled the program many times, the result is the same

Attachments

• IMG_20181220_192759.jpg
    IMG_20181220_192759.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20181220_193109.jpg
    IMG_20181220_193109.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 39

phask

Premium Subscriber
Here
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb...-at-startup-for-specific-users-if-user-config

or here

the path "Documents and Settings" has changed in later Win. versions. Go to "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Uniden"

I would delete the folders starting with "BCDx36HP_Sentinel.exe_Url" Inside the folder is "user.config" file. Restart Sentinel and the folder and the user.config file should recreate.

or read this thread - start at the end (page 5 or so)

https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/at-wits-end-sentinel-has-stopped-working.322484/page-5

t

Kos80

Thanks for the advice! I tried everything as it is written on the forum. Reinstalled the framwork. Unfortunately, the problem is not solved.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
I would try deleting all sentinel files and reinstalling it. Do the clear user data steps, then update the HPDB. when writing to scanner, select "force write full database"

I'm not sure if that will work, but that tends to solve 95% of these sort of errors.

phask

Premium Subscriber
I would try deleting all sentinel files and reinstalling it. Do the clear user data steps, then update the HPDB. when writing to scanner, select "force write full database"

I'm not sure if that will work, but that tends to solve 95% of these sort of errors.
There are files that an uninstall, or what looks like a delete will NOT delete - see my post/thread above. It has also been a source of errors in the past.

Think they still locate here by default "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Uniden"

Ubbe

Maybe it has something to do with that the OP is using the cyrillic alphabet and there's an illegal character somewhere? As I understand, Uniden only supports the US/Canada region with their US scanner models and softwares. I know that with my EU language setup Windows computers I sometimes need to alter its region settings so that the , and . characters are switched around as USA use those characters differently than the rest of the world.

/Ubbe

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
Maybe it has something to do with that the OP is using the cyrillic alphabet and there's an illegal character somewhere? As I understand, Uniden only supports the US/Canada region with their US scanner models and softwares. I know that with my EU language setup Windows computers I sometimes need to alter its region settings so that the , and . characters are switched around as USA use those characters differently than the rest of the world.

/Ubbe
This is very true, any language other than english and it will cause problems.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Here is what I would do.

1. Exit Sentinel.
2. Change the computer Region settings to English. Make note of the current setting so it can be changed back.
3. Delete all files in the folder -> C:\ProgramData\Uniden\BCDx36HP_Sentinel\Database.
4. Restart Sentinel. You should see the "Reconstructing Full Database" message upon startup.
5. Click the Update -> Update Master Database(HPDB). Hopefully you won't get the mismatch error message.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.