SDR Plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonbounce

I was wondering if anyone knows are the SDR plugins V1.3 and v1.4 are they compatible with any version of SDR Sharp or are the version specific?

br0adband

Not sure which plugin(s) you're referring too, I could guess you mean the Frequency Manager + Scanner plugin found at sdrsharpplugins.com (in spite of website name, it's home only to that one plugin) - v1.31 was released and then v1.4 came after it with some bug fixes and additions to make it even better. Either one will work with the most current version of SDR# which is v1.0.0.1174 (the dev version) without issues that I'm aware of. Great plugin as well, I have a few thousand frequencies stored nowadays with a lot of info for each one as well.

Another website that offers more plugins (not just one) is: List of SDRSharp Plugins - rtl-sdr.com

And of course it goes without saying that if you're serious about SDR# you should definitely check out the Yahoo Group for that program at https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SDRSharp/info as there will be plugins announced and released from there as well (that can't be found on that list yet).

baybum

How do you install the scanner plugin? I'm not a programmer. Do you have to add a line of code to the .exe file? If so, where?

Thanks.

jasonhouk

How do you install the scanner plugin? I'm not a programmer. Do you have to add a line of code to the .exe file? If so, where?

Thanks.

Copied from the READ ME file:

I recommend you read the Installation section of the User Guide.
If you don't do so, at least follow these instructions:

Unzip the freqmanager.zip file to a convenient folder.
* DO NOT unzip it to the SDR# folder for this will cause the plugin
installation to fail.

Please run program PluginsSetup.exe to install the plugins.
* DO NOT install the documentation to the SDR# folder.

If the installer has no Next, Back, or Cancel buttons displayed, this is
often because the screen's DPI (screen dots per inch) is set higher
than 100%. Temporarily reduce the DPI to 100% and run
the installer.

Thank you for using my plugins!

Jeff N8GJL

J

Status
Not open for further replies.