SDR Sharp - Norton keeps removing

Status
Not open for further replies.

w8prr

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
281
Reaction score
9
Location
WEST LIBERTY
I keep trying to install SDR Sharp per You Tube instructions from Tin Hat Ranch and my Norton security keeps saying that that SDR Sharp.exe is unsafe and removes it. Anyone had this problem?
 

SCPD

QRT
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
0
Reaction score
116
Location
Virginia
Do you have a link to the instructions?
From where did you download the software?
 
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
2,078
Reaction score
20
Location
So Far Away....
DL the file from SDR#'s page, if norton flags it when thebox pops up click on it...restore it and it will create an exemption...

most times newer,,less widely downloaded software will have a low reputation rating, meaning norton dose not have a history large enough with it to greenlight it, so it assumes its harmful to be safe vs. sorry...

happens all the time with these radio programs...I reformat once a month, to keep my system fresh & squeaky clean...I have to.. Im familiar with nortons falses...I just switched to AVG, got the same issues with
I think it was PUTTY....or GPSSK...(was programing GPS modules)....they were flagged...OK'd em and no worries...

Good Luck...
 

w8prr

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
281
Reaction score
9
Location
WEST LIBERTY
Thanks to both for replies, had it working for a min then when I shut down can't get it to restart, gonna have to get IT dept (son in law ) here to look at my work!
 
D

DaveNF2G

Guest
There are also reports that Windows Defender behaves in the same way.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top