SDR# SSB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Your_account

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi
Is there any tool who help me to find the best freq. for SSB?
Its very hard for me to switch back and forward even when the 2 people or more talk and all have a different SSB Freq.
I play with the 1hz up and down arrund but its hard to get the right setting when someone talk.

ecarvalho

Try this: http://nobcontrol.com/
I use it to move any kind of control nobs on the screen for my DAW when producing music but I found that it can be very helpful with fine tuning side band on SDR software.

wyShack

Premium Subscriber
In SDR#, you can also put your mouse cursor on one of the digits and then use your mouse 'wheel' to change it. I would start by getting the signal in the passband, then 'hover' over and adjust the 100 Hz digit. You might also remember there is a time delay in SDR (caused by the sampling and processing) that takes a bit of getting used to.

You can 'practice' b y tuning normal AM broadcasts in SSB or find a continuous (or nearly so) signal like a VOLMET. Tuning SSB does take practice.

Your_account

Banned
In SDR#, you can also put your mouse cursor on one of the digits and then use your mouse 'wheel' to change it
i need 30 - 60sec to get it that sucks.

ecarvalho

I find the best way to do SWL / SSB listening is on the old Icom IC PCR-1000. As to SDR, I would recommend SDRPlay. The software, SDRUno, is excellent for the fine tuning in sideband. Save about 400 dollars and, otherwise buy an used Kenwood Multiband transceiver such as the TS140. Great rig!

Your_account

Banned
The Main problem is I can only mount a Antenna on the Rooftop and my little "office" is in the basement.
I have just 1, 2 Glasfibercable who the hole communication run truth.
That mean every receiver must have a Ethernet port to run independent.

Status
Not open for further replies.