SDR# Unhandled Exception Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everytime I open SDR# and run the program, I receive an "Unhandled Error" exception. I've changed the file properties to turn off read only, ran the program as an administrator, reinstalled the program, and I receive the below error. Anyone have any ideas? This is gibberish to me:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: C:\SDRSharp\<Unknown>
at System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo.GetVersionInfo(String fileName)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.GetAppFileVersionInfo()
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.get_ProductVersion()
at SDRSharp.AccessibilityPlugin.FloatingToolbar.SetTitleText()
at SDRSharp.AccessibilityPlugin.FloatingToolbar.SharpControl_PropertyChanged(Object sender, PropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.PropertyChangedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, PropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at SDRSharp.SharpControlProxy.PropertyChangedEventHandler(Object sender, PropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at SDRSharp.MainForm.ResumePropertyNotifications()
at SDRSharp.MainForm.playStopButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.RadControl.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadButtonBase.buttonElement_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.RadElement.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadButtonItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadButtonElement.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.RadElement.DoClick(EventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.RadElement.RaiseBubbleEvent(RadElement sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at Telerik.WinControls.RadItem.RaiseBubbleEvent(RadElement sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at Telerik.WinControls.RadElement.RaiseRoutedEvent(RadElement sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at Telerik.WinControls.RadElement.DoMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.ComponentInputBehavior.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.RadControl.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at Telerik.WinControls.RadControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, WM msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** JIT Debugging **************

mattwillson

Where did you install the SDR# folder? If it's under Program Files in Windows 10, you will get errors.

morfis

I'd start by installing the normal version without all the baggage first to rule out any of the many plugin errors that can occur.

You can expand the archive without needing administrator rights

You don't say what kind of device you are trying to use - have you installed any necessary drivers (for rtl devices this is normally via zadig and then by running the install batch file that you extracted from the archive)?

thewraith2008

Problem is here: SDRSharp.AccessibilityPlugin.
It's saying it can't find a file, but which file is not shown in trace.
Code:

If I remember correctly, this plug-in is no longer working with newer SDR# versions and the developer is no longer working on SDR# plug-ins.

I’m running W10 using an airspy. No problems connecting before. I uninstalled the original
I'd start by installing the normal version without all the baggage first to rule out any of the many plugin errors that can occur.

You can expand the archive without needing administrator rights

You don't say what kind of device you are trying to use - have you installed any necessary drivers (for rtl devices this is normally via zadig and then by running the install batch file that you extracted from the archive)?

I’m running W10 using an airspy. No problems connecting before. I uninstalled the original version and when I reinstalled the community version, this is the error I get.

It's saying it can't find a file, but which file is not shown in trace.
Code:

If I remember correctly, this plug-in is no longer working with newer SDR# versions and the developer is no longer working on SDR# plug-ins.

Would removing that plug-in eliminate the error?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Would removing that plug-in eliminate the error?

It might. Keep in mind that if you are ever updating your SDR#, you should be reading the emails on their Groups.Io group to keep up with the changes and know/understand what may or may not work. Any potential issues have already been discussed ad nauseum over on the Groups.IO group, which is where "official" support takes place.

Mike

It might. Keep in mind that if you are ever updating your SDR#, you should be reading the emails on their Groups.Io group to keep up with the changes and know/understand what may or may not work. Any potential issues have already been discussed ad nauseum over on the Groups.IO group, which is where "official" support takes place.

Mike

I removed the plugin and it now performs as expected. That must've been the error. Thanks for the assistance.

morfis

I don't use any of his plugins but might be of interest to others

from the airspy list at groupsio the author has posted this today:

"I am currently in the process of re-writing all my plugins for SDR#. I am currently working on the shuttle plugin and then the extended fft and others will follow. I will make no promises of release dates. I will post them as they are available.

I took some advice from a previous post by Prog and made some decisions. After some time spent in deep thought - here is what is going to happen...

I have upgraded my domain hosting plan to have my own server with my provider. Complete with SSL certificate.

I am currently in the process of having my website completely remade. Anyone wanting access will be required to create a free account on my website. The website will be monitored. All comments and communications will be moderated.

ANY abuse of any type to myself or ANY OTHER user will see that user BANNED permantely. No exceptions. No second chances.

To download any plugins you will have to have make a free account. The plugins will not be made available through the community installer at this time.

I understand now what Prog was saying and as harsh as it may sound, I realize it all comes down to the simple fact: I owe theese people NOTHING.

So to keep my sanity and still provide plugins, this is the way it has to be. "

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I don't use any of his plugins but might be of interest to others

from the airspy list at groupsio the author has posted this today:

"I am currently in the process of re-writing all my plugins for SDR#. I am currently working on the shuttle plugin and then the extended fft and others will follow. I will make no promises of release dates. I will post them as they are available.

I took some advice from a previous post by Prog and made some decisions. After some time spent in deep thought - here is what is going to happen...

I have upgraded my domain hosting plan to have my own server with my provider. Complete with SSL certificate.

I am currently in the process of having my website completely remade. Anyone wanting access will be required to create a free account on my website. The website will be monitored. All comments and communications will be moderated.

ANY abuse of any type to myself or ANY OTHER user will see that user BANNED permantely. No exceptions. No second chances.

To download any plugins you will have to have make a free account. The plugins will not be made available through the community installer at this time.

I understand now what Prog was saying and as harsh as it may sound, I realize it all comes down to the simple fact: I owe theese people NOTHING.

So to keep my sanity and still provide plugins, this is the way it has to be. "

I like Edward's approach. I'm also a fan of Prog's longstanding approach to lazy and demanding people.

thewraith2008

Good to see he has decided to return, plug-ins are where it's at with SDR#.

I like the line from one of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies which seems apt for some: Take everything, give nothing back.

Status
Not open for further replies.