SDRTrunk DMR help

williamGB

Feed Provider
I'm trying to monitor a DMR frequency using SDRTrunk then feed it to broadcastify, I can hear all transmissions through my pc speaker however nothing on the broadcastify stream, even when it's saying its online. I want to set it so all activity is broadcasted to my broadcastify feed. I'm new to SDRTrunk and i dont think i have configured it correctly. Maybe someone could help me with it?

Here's some pics of my current config

Attachments

• unnamed (7).jpg
    unnamed (7).jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 19
  • unnamed (8).jpg
    unnamed (8).jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 20
  • unnamed (9).jpg
    unnamed (9).jpg
    77 KB · Views: 16
  • unnamed (10).jpg
    unnamed (10).jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 20

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm trying to monitor a DMR frequency using SDRTrunk then feed it to broadcastify, I can hear all transmissions through my pc speaker however nothing on the broadcastify stream, even when it's saying its online. I want to set it so all activity is broadcasted to my broadcastify feed. I'm new to SDRTrunk and i dont think i have configured it correctly. Maybe someone could help me with it?

Here's some pics of my current config
To put it as politely as I can, those pictures you took from a phone are useless. What's wrong with taking screenshots and then attaching them to a post?

You probably either don't have a talkgroup defined in a list and/or haven't selected that talkgroup for inclusion on the streaming screen.

williamGB

Feed Provider
To put it as politely as I can, those pictures you took from a phone are useless. What's wrong with taking screenshots and then attaching them to a post?

You probably either don't have a talkgroup defined in a list and/or haven't selected that talkgroup for inclusion on the streaming screen.
Sorry, the laptop i am using is slow and i'm just not signed into anything on it. I set a talkgroup range as I dont know which talkgroups the system is using. 1724635799933.png

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Sorry, the laptop i am using is slow and i'm just not signed into anything on it. I set a talkgroup range as I dont know which talkgroups the system is using. View attachment 168174

Add the talkgroup to an Alias List

Then in your stream configuration, under the Streaming --> Aliases tab, select the alias and push it to the right for streaming.

williamGB

Feed Provider
Add the talkgroup to an Alias List

Then in your stream configuration, under the Streaming --> Aliases tab, select the alias and push it to the right for streaming.
I've already done that, however still no audio coming out on the icecast server. 1724636379872.png1724636353458.png

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
That looks like it should work. If you’re hearing it out of the speaker and it should be pushing it out the stream as long as the stream is functional and connected

Somebody else with more knowledge of doing that we have to chime in

williamGB

Feed Provider
That looks like it should work. If you’re hearing it out of the speaker and it should be pushing it out the stream as long as the stream is functional and connected

Somebody else with more knowledge of doing that we have to chime in
I dont know what LCN numbers the system uses, i'm assuming I can keep that blank?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
If it’s just a standard conventional DMR frequency and not a trunk system like capacity plus, connect plus, tier 3, then that shouldn’t be a problem and you wouldn’t need lcns. And if you were hearing audio from it out your speakers, then you obviously have configured in that area.

williamGB

Feed Provider
If it’s just a standard conventional DMR frequency and not a trunk system like capacity plus, connect plus, tier 3, then that shouldn’t be a problem and you wouldn’t need lcns. And if you were hearing audio from it out your speakers, then you obviously have configured in that area.
Ahh okay, thanks. I'll stick with using VB audio cable piping the audio to butt for now, hopefully someone figures out what's happening.

I’m also looking to stream an analogue frequency, but the same frequency is also being used for DMR, and I’m only interested in the analogue signal. I know the analogue signal uses a CTCSS tone of 67. Is there a way to configure SDRTrunk to open the squelch only when it detects that specific CTCSS tone?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Ahh okay, thanks. I'll stick with using VB audio cable piping the audio to butt for now, hopefully someone figures out what's happening.

I’m also looking to stream an analogue frequency, but the same frequency is also being used for DMR, and I’m only interested in the analogue signal. I know the analogue signal uses a CTCSS tone of 67. Is there a way to configure SDRTrunk to open the squelch only when it detects that specific CTCSS tone?
If you are piping the audio to your butt, that’s probably why it’s not making it to the stream 😊

williamGB

Feed Provider
If you are piping the audio to your butt, that’s probably why it’s not making it to the stream 😊
After decoding the frequency with DSD+.. I've discovered that the system is using DMR Tier3, I imagine this has got something to do with why SDRTunk is not working correctly?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
SDRTrunk handles TIII fine. If it's TIII, it's most likely trunked. What else did DSDPlus say about it.

You reveal so little about your findings, and then you ask for help.

How about a screenshot of DSDPlus Event Window as your decoding the frequency, so we can see what DSDPlus says

williamGB

Feed Provider
SDRTrunk handles TIII fine. If it's TIII, it's most likely trunked. What else did DSDPlus say about it.

You reveal so little about your findings, and then you ask for help.

How about a screenshot of DSDPlus Event Window as your decoding the frequency, so we can see what DSDPlus says
Apologies, DMR is a completely new thing to me and I have no clue what im doing.

Heres 2 screenshots of the DSD windows 1724973572329.png

1724973478677.png

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Indeed that would be a DMR TIII Standard trunking system (assuming you have a good signal on it). You are going to need to figure out all of the frequencies that are active on that particular trunked system site, then figure out the LCNs associated with each of those frequencies.

You have copied traffic on timeslots 1 and 2 (S1 and S2) of that frequency, but it did not reveal the CC's LCN. That suggests that the frequency you are monitoring is a voice channel for that particular trunked system site.

Search for one or more additional frequencies that show up as TIII Site:L2-1.2 DCC:0 RAS, especially one that might also list an NL (neighbor list) on the same line. That would end up being the control channel.

What you really want to do is monitor the control channel, and collect and post a screenshot of the Channel Activity after being parked on the control period for an hour or so during busy times of traffic.

williamGB

Feed Provider
Indeed that would be a DMR TIII Standard trunking system (assuming you have a good signal on it). You are going to need to figure out all of the frequencies that are active on that particular trunked system site, then figure out the LCNs associated with each of those frequencies.

You have copied traffic on timeslots 1 and 2 (S1 and S2) of that frequency, but it did not reveal the CC's LCN. That suggests that the frequency you are monitoring is a voice channel for that particular trunked system site.

Search for one or more additional frequencies that show up as TIII Site:L2-1.2 DCC:0 RAS, especially one that might also list an NL (neighbor list) on the same line. That would end up being the control channel.

What you really want to do is monitor the control channel, and collect and post a screenshot of the Channel Activity after being parked on the control period for an hour or so during busy times of traffic.
Ahh I see. Will the control channel continuously transmit? I found a TIII Site:L2-1.2 DCC:0 channel which is continuously transmitting, but no voice. Just data1725006415372.png

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Indeed it will transmit 24/7. You may not hear audio on it (oftentimes TIII control channels have no audio as both timeslots are used for data / systemkeeping -- not always the case, but often). But, if there was voice activity on the system right now you would see the Group Call references like you did on the other frequency.

So either that site is not busy right now, OR you have found a frequency that is a dedicated data channel (those do exist in TIII) that will never carry voice.

Although I do not believe TIII trunked sites are required to broadcast a neighbor list (NL:) , I would expect most to. So I'm not sure if that is a control channel you are looking at or a data-only (Data Revert) channel. Look around some more and see if you can find one that shows:

TIII Site:L2-1.2 DCC:0 RAS NL: #, #, #, #, #

If you look hard and can't find one that does that, park on the frequency that you posted just above and wait until you see some Group Call references. When you do see Group Call references, the Channel Activity will start showing information about channels.

Mike