SDRTRUNK - Playing Talkgroups that are turned off

scottct1

Feed Provider
I am just setting up SDRTrunk on a LTR system.
I have my Playlist setup, downloaded all talkgroups from my town and set listen off on all of them I don't want to hear.

If I go into Alias and the Alias Tab I can see all the talkgroups and see which ones are On and which are set to Mute.
If I go into the Identifier tab of Aliases I can see all the talk groups under Identifier, along with their alias and group.

I start and stop the program and then it starts playing... and I am heading Talkgroups I have Listen set to off and it shows as mute. But then I see and hear calls on these talk groups.

It is pulling the information for the channels as in the events tab I can see the time, the duration, the event (Call) the To which shows the talkgroup 0-03-099 and the
alias for that talkgroup.

Why is it playing these talkgroups that I have turned off?

Thanks for any help that can be provided!

tadsmith

Premium Subscriber
It will show up on the now playing and the events channel, as that is view into everything that is happening on the system. However, the audio won't play since you have it muted.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I am heading Talkgroups I have Listen set to off and it shows as mute.
Do mean hearing tag’s set to mute?
Why is it playing these talkgroups that I have turned off?
If your hearing them, then something is off somewhere. Make sure your system name and alias names match the said system and playlist. If they are displaying in the bottom window and no audio is heard, then that’s normal.

glertleskletch

Premium Subscriber
Here is a video of what’s happening.

Were you ever able to figure this out? It seems that deleting an alias transforms it to an "unknown" state that you can no longer tune out of, even if you add it back later. As far as I can tell, once you import an alias from RR, your radios will be physically tuning to it every time the CC calls for it, regardless of whether or not its muted or how you modify the alias list, and there's no stopping it.

This has been a huge issue for me as there are 1000's of talkgroups in my system and only about 20 I want to scan. Problem is, my radios are instantly overwhelmed by channel hopping hundreds of times a second after I import and trim the lists that contain my listening targets. The only way I can imagine to get around this is manually adding every single individual alias to a new list and channel... Or have freakishly strong hardware to brute force all the extra traffic.

tadsmith

Premium Subscriber
Were you ever able to figure this out? It seems that deleting an alias transforms it to an "unknown" state that you can no longer tune out of, even if you add it back later. As far as I can tell, once you import an alias from RR, your radios will be physically tuning to it every time the CC calls for it, regardless of whether or not its muted or how you modify the alias list, and there's no stopping it.

This has been a huge issue for me as there are 1000's of talkgroups in my system and only about 20 I want to scan. Problem is, my radios are instantly overwhelmed by channel hopping hundreds of times a second after I import and trim the lists that contain my listening targets. The only way I can imagine to get around this is manually adding every single individual alias to a new list and channel... Or have freakishly strong hardware to brute force all the extra traffic.
All of the calls on the system will show on the Now Playing tab and in the Events tab. You can't change that. You can use the Alias list to mute them, though.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
You can also bulk edit.

Import the alias list, and then hold CTRL and click each tg of interest and set listen/record.

1711044345921.png

glertleskletch

Premium Subscriber
Do you have a link to the system?
Sorry, I completely forgot about this post. I think that the muting issue after deleting and re adding a TG may have been a bug in the earlier build I was using, although since I completely wiped the program and started over, I haven't deleted any to test this theory.

The behemoth network I speak of is this - Tennessee Advanced Communications Network (TACN) Trunking System, Various, Multi-State.
Behold, the entire state of TN + North Georgia, all screaming in one unmoderated chat room upon first setup.

My only result in the end was to painstakingly hand sift through every talkgroup in the system and manually mute 98% of them.
I do think however, that there is still a low grade flaw in SDRT.
Im not sure how the program chooses to tune mostly the talkgroups I want, but there are times where even with a list of 20 active traffic channels set in the now playing channel (which requires huge resources to process), the software will drift away from the local tg's I have unmuted and show only or mostly the traffic from far away places, even when my local tg's definitely have constant active users at that time.