SDS100/SDS200: SDS-100 NXDN

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I do all custom programming from scratch and don't enter Tags. Custom 1 is the only service type I can enable in my SDS100 and SDS200.

I get all that and fully understand how it all works. Just surprised Sentinel does not block it out (like the scanner does) with the absence of any of the Custom 2-8 tags not in the programming.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I can't get custom 1 enabled on the
Enable Custom 1’ in your profile in Sentinel, then resend your list(s) to the scanner. Once you do that, you should see that this service type is now enabled when you check in the 200’s menu. That should also eliminate the Nothing to Scan’ message.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Just surprised Sentinel does not block it out (like the scanner does) with the absence of any of the Custom 2-8 tags not in the programming.
I think that is by design. The scanner may contain FL that Sentinel doesn't have. Let's say that there's a channel in the scanner with the Service Type set to Aircraft. There is not one in Sentinel so if the profile turned off Aircraft then that would turn it off in the scanner when written.
The scanner will turn off the unused Service Types when the FL is reloaded.

Last edited: