SDS100/SDS200: SDS 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Remtronix antenna makes a huge difference in 800 MHz trunked systems. WOW nice fit too with the SMA connector.
02fa56298aec8f78f9357a982658fcb0.jpg
9750c4e80dc23ea56571de89664f589e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

gcopter1

Why didn't you get the SMA version?
I got one on back order from Universal Radio. In the meantime, I'm using the SMA adapter the radio brought, with an old Radio Shack 800 antenna I had.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Why didn't you get the SMA version?
I got one on back order from Universal Radio. In the meantime, I'm using the SMA adapter the radio brought, with an old Radio Shack 800 antenna I had.
It is the SMA version just got it from Bearcat warehouse.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I thought the SMA version would couple with the connector on the radio, all the way in, like the OEM antenna.
It does it just has a area exposed so you can remove the antenna easily.

gcopter1

So, the only advantage in using this one, over using a BNC, is that you eliminate one connector, but the overall length is still the same?
Now I wonder if I should cancel the order for the SMA version and keep what I already have.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
So, the only advantage in using this one, over using a BNC, is that you eliminate one connector, but the overall length is still the same?
Now I wonder if I should cancel the order for the SMA version and keep what I already have.
I believe this one puts less stress on the radios SMA connector but that's just a guess.

David628

I got mine last month and it vastly improved reception of the weak signals from my location. I can now pick up towers in the other county over large hills which I couldn’t do very well before with the stock antenna. Antenna is perfect and seats well, very happy with it.

For cosmetics: Just use a small price of black electrical tape around the exposed silver base or use that black colored heat shrink cable wrap if you have that available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gcopter1

I got mine last month and it vastly improved reception of the weak signals from my location. I can now pick up towers in the other county over large hills which I couldn’t do very well before with the stock antenna. Antenna is perfect and seats well, very happy with it.

For cosmetics: Just use a small price of black electrical tape around the exposed silver base or use that black colored heat shrink cable wrap if you have that available.
Yeah, it definitely lowers the RSSI over the OEM. But one of the reasons for getting one, was to eliminate the adapter and hopefully shorten the length. I take my scanner to work and wear it on my belt. I do a lot of bending and twisting and oftentimes, the antenna gets in the way. It worries me that this put stress on the connector. So I am looking for something shorter, like the Diamond SRHF10.

I was hoping that the SMA version was going to be shorter, but I see it is as long as the Radio Shack I'm using now with the SMA to BNC adapter.

David628

Yeah, it definitely lowers the RSSI over the OEM. But one of the reasons for getting one, was to eliminate the adapter and hopefully shorten the length. I take my scanner to work and wear it on my belt. I do a lot of bending and twisting and oftentimes, the antenna gets in the way. It worries me that this put stress on the connector. So I am looking for something shorter, like the Diamond SRHF10.

I was hoping that the SMA version was going to be shorter, but I see it is as long as the Radio Shack I'm using now with the SMA to BNC adapter.

The antenna base seats fully, just as solid as the OEM stock antenna. It’s also sporting a rubber gasket as well for the water resistant factor. Don’t let the exposed silver base fool ya. I just put pressure on it in various directions and there’s no play or movement at all. It’s seating just like the OEM antenna is. But I do understand your concern and it’s valid. Just wanted you to know it’s a solid fit also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

eaf1956

Feed Provider
The SMA version is about 3/4 in longer than the stock antenna.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Now we just need a handy guy who can do internal GPS installation in the SDS 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.