SDS100/SDS200: SDS 200 ESN

JG4524

Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2020
Messages
9
Reaction score
2
Location
New Jersey
I'm wanting you upgrade to DMR and the Uniden form is asking for the ESN. I went through all the steps to see the ESN but the form wouldn't take the full ESN only the first 10 digits. The other problem is when I enter the checksum it says it's invalid. The 3 digit number comes up 0BE is the number after the dash line of the ESN. To get to the ESN i got to the part that says see scanner information and then selected firmware version. What am I doing wrong?
 

Attachments

  • 20260927_105103.jpg
    20260927_105103.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 21

jasonhouk

Uniden AlphaMan
Uniden Representative
Joined
Mar 29, 2013
Messages
1,360
Reaction score
2,011
Location
Marion, Ohio
I'm wanting you upgrade to DMR and the Uniden form is asking for the ESN. I went through all the steps to see the ESN but the form wouldn't take the full ESN only the first 10 digits. The other problem is when I enter the checksum it says it's invalid. The 3 digit number comes up 0BE is the number after the dash line of the ESN. To get to the ESN i got to the part that says see scanner information and then selected firmware version. What am I doing wrong?
On your ESN, don't enter the 38426.
 

tvengr

Well Known Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
12,117
Reaction score
5,384
Location
Baltimore County, MD
When you enter the key, be aware it uses a hexadecimal number which uses the numbers 0 thru 9 and the letters A thru F. A common mistake is confusing the number 8 and the letter B. That is also true of the 3-digit checksum after the dash in the ESN.
 

p19997

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Messages
208
Reaction score
61
Location
Show Low, AZ
Another mistake commonly made when entering the key is to not include its dashes. You must do so. As you enter the key, the string of digits will wrap to the second line of the display (on a handheld). This is OK.
 
Top