SDS-200 Tone-out Setup menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2IRT

Simple, dumb question if I may: Does Proscan allow me to edit my table of fire tone-out RF frequencies, department names, etc, on the SDS-200? I can't seem to find "Tone-Out Setup" in the menu hierarchy in either the main screen or Favorites Editor

I think I can do it in Sentinal, and I can do it manually if I like to do a lot of knob-turning, but I'd like to do it in Proscan if I can. Please and thanks.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Simple, dumb question if I may: Does Proscan allow me to edit my table of fire tone-out RF frequencies, department names, etc, on the SDS-200? I can't seem to find "Tone-Out Setup" in the menu hierarchy in either the main screen or Favorites Editor

I think I can do it in Sentinal, and I can do it manually if I like to do a lot of knob-turning, but I'd like to do it in Proscan if I can. Please and thanks.
Looking at the ProScan logging screen, there is a tab for fire tone out.
1683249547649.png

Look at the manual (accessible under the Support tab), starting at Page 13. (I have not tried this myself, as all agencies near me use a digital toneout, including some via their trunked system.)

You might ask that your thread be moved over to the software form, where Bob (ProScan's author) is more likely to see it & respond.

W2IRT

I have
Pretty sure the FTO Logging tab is just for logging and not for programming and or editing.

That's what I'm seeing as well. For logging it's working just fine now (after a few initial hiccups), and I've discovered everything on my regional VHF toneout channel. I'm trying to add two more towns to the mix that have their own UHF conventional channels and I'd like to add them using Proscan. I could add them manually, but using software is preferred for naming conventions, etc.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have

That's what I'm seeing as well. For logging it's working just fine now (after a few initial hiccups), and I've discovered everything on my regional VHF toneout channel. I'm trying to add two more towns to the mix that have their own UHF conventional channels and I'd like to add them using Proscan. I could add them manually, but using software is preferred for naming conventions, etc.
Use the Sentinel Profile editor for that. ProScan doesn't have a profile editor at this time. It's on the list but I have many items to do before I can look into it.

Per the FAQ page on the proscan.org website
Sentinel is needed for Profile editing. ProScan doesn't have a profile editor as it would be 100% duplication that couldn't be improved on.

W2IRT

That is done in the Sentinel Profile editor. ProScan doesn't have a profile editor at this time. It's on the list but I have many items to do before I can look into it.

Per the FAQ page on the proscan.org website
Sentinel is needed for Profile editing. ProScan doesn't have a profile editor as it would be 100% duplication that couldn't be improved on.
Aha! I'm glad it wasn't pilot error on my part. I was convinced I was missing something obvious! Thanks again, Bob. You're a lifesaver, as always!

W2IRT

I do hope you can find a way to implement that function. Sentinel is just horrible to use since you basically have to delete all the favourites, download the current programming, make the changes and re-upload. Even if all I want to do is edit the profile, there's no way to do it (that I can find) where all that's done is upload the new profile, new colors, FTO chart, etc.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I do hope you can find a way to implement that function. Sentinel is just horrible to use since you basically have to delete all the favourites, download the current programming, make the changes and re-upload. Even if all I want to do is edit the profile, there's no way to do it (that I can find) where all that's done is upload the new profile, new colors, FTO chart, etc.
I could tell you how to get a suggestion prioritized but if I do then I may get 10 new suggestions that are automatically prioritized and that could bump this down further.

Status
Not open for further replies.