Main: USDS100_V1_23_03
Sub: USDS100-SUB_V1_03_05

Attachments

• IMG_2234.jpeg
    IMG_2234.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

zerosix

New firmware, with the waterfall option, will be released later this week for the Uniden SDS100E and Uniden SDS200E models

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

@Butelsoftware That is very exciting news for us SDS-100E owners, do you think they also included the latest fixes from the US version 1.23.05 Main (2/2/2024)? I’ve read the decoding is much improved lately and there have also been some important bugfixes.

I have also been looking at your software company, does the arc536 pro have the ability to input exact frequencies similar to flex step in Whistler or does it always follow the Bandplan? Thanks in advance Gommert!

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Latest firmware now available on Uniden Australia
Main: USDS100_V1_23_03
Sub: USDS100-SUB_V1_03_05

ProScan supports the Waterfall feature. It should work but hasn't been tested yet. Let me know if it doesn't work.

Version 22.9 Newest Version 3/16/24
  • Added - SDS100E, SDS200E, & USDS100 waterfall support.
  • Added - UBC125XLT & UBC126 scanner support.

Last edited:

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
@Butelsoftware That is very exciting news for us SDS-100E owners, do you think they also included the latest fixes from the US version 1.23.05 Main (2/2/2024)? I’ve read the decoding is much improved lately and there have also been some important bugfixes.

I have also been looking at your software company, does the arc536 pro have the ability to input exact frequencies similar to flex step in Whistler or does it always follow the Bandplan? Thanks in advance Gommert!

I need to verify with Uniden. The latest firmware that we tested on sds100e/200e was 1.23.03 main and 1.03.05 sub.
ARC536PRO also has flex steps.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

zerosix

I need to verify with Uniden. The latest firmware that we tested on sds100e/200e was 1.23.03 main and 1.03.05 sub.
ARC536PRO also has flex steps.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com
@Butelsoftware I hope it is based on the very latest Sub and Main firmware or it could be a (costly) mistake to not include the latest bugfixes / firmware on the 'E' series. There were reports of waterfall issues and RSSI / signal meter problems and more. The newest 123.05 fixed a recent waterfall bug.

Since they are keen on selling the waterfall function and both you and @ProScan trying to support it, I guess having the latest firmware would be a win-win for everyone involved. Having a prior version with bugs is not exactly great advertising.

Also good to know ARC536 supports flex steps; so the flexsteps are honored by the scanner and not being disrupted by the actual bandplan setting?

Thanks again!

VK3YMML

VicScan Forum Owner
Hi all, I have updated my USDS100 with the latest firmware and purchased the "Waterfall" key however the UPGRADE area does not include the relevant upgrade option. So as previously mentioned is there another update to be released this week?

Last edited:

VK5DT

Hi VK3YMML,
I updated my firmware Monday to Main: USDS100_V1_23_03 and Sub: USDS100-SUB_V1_03_05 by coping the two files (once unzipped) to the USDS100 SD card "Firmware" folder. It runs through the flash seqence twice, once for main then again for sub.
I could load the waterall key with no issue and have the waterfall feature working.
Maybe check what firmware is loaded. (note Australia models have to load firmware via Sd card method not via sentinal).
Cheers

zerosix

Anyone else noticing very bad audio distortion on digital decoding with the latest firmware? On a lot of digital signals, it almost seems like they messed something up with a gain or filter setting. Audio sounds like it is clipping real hard either through internal speaker, headphone or external speaker.

Agile_Eye

The just released firmware versions for the SDS100E are:
Main: 1.23.07
Sub: 1.03.05

And even though I am a SDS100E user, I was able to update via the US Sentinel (v2.05.03) as the EU Sentinel has still not been updated as of the writing of this post.

Ubbe

And even though I am a SDS100E user, I was able to update via the US Sentinel (v2.05.03) as the EU Sentinel has still not been updated as of the writing of this post.
I used the SDS100E Sentinel and worked fine. It shouldn't matter what Sentinel version you are using as it just checks what are the current firmware in the scanner and compares to what are on the upgrade server for the same fimware model. There's no database in Sentinel over what firmware that are available at the server or what would be expected in the scanner.

/Ubbe

Ubbe

Anyone else noticing very bad audio distortion on digital decoding with the latest firmware? On a lot of digital signals, it almost seems like they messed something up with a gain or filter setting. Audio sounds like it is clipping real hard either through internal speaker, headphone or external speaker.
You probably have to wait for the new Sentinel and then write your programming to your scanner.

/Ubbe

rumcajs_tr

When in waterfall, I noticed very low audio volume in AM mode. FM and digital is loud enough. Not happening in VFO or scan mode, just in waterfall. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Ubbe

Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Yes, AM very low. It probably has something to do with the auto gain function, and/or the demodulator filter used in waterfall are made much wider for AM, like it is for NFM 15KHz when it in non-waterfall are something like 9KHz.

I have to verify with a signal generator, but Uniden US doesn't touch this so report to Avera or Uniden AU?

/Ubbe