SDS Won't lock on to control channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The display stays on for the channel delay setting after the transmission ends when backlight open squelch is selected. It's a new feature added a couple of firmware updates ago. So if you have open squelch selected, and a 5-second delay on the active channel, the backlight turns off 5 seconds after the transmission ends. System hold time is not a factor.

jasonhouk

Set a system hold time of 255 then report back. It looks to be a possible bug.

Houk
The display stays on for the channel delay setting after the transmission ends when backlight open squelch is selected. It's a new feature added a couple of firmware updates ago. So if you have open squelch selected, and a 5-second delay on the active channel, the backlight turns off 5 seconds after the transmission ends. System hold time is not a factor.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

racing1

But I don't have a channel delay.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The default is 2 seconds. Did you change them all to zero?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
System hold has nothing to do with channel delay. Delay is a channel setting, hold is a system setting.

racing1

Kinda makes you wonder - if a user can delay these functions for up to 4 1/2 minutes without apparently any negative impact, why it is necessary to default it to every 1-2 seconds.

FWIW - it still seems that the constant dropping and reacquiring of the CC with the default hold of 0 is a problem given setting it to a higher value in many cases seems to improve performance. However, I've never done any test of this on a very strong signal vs. an "average" or weaker signal. It seems like if the radio is able to determine a signal is -45 dBm vs. -100 dBm, it would spend more time trying to check the weaker one (a sort of 'dynamic hold adjustment') rather than requiring a user to change the default hold time....
So this "housekeeping is important enough that it's a bad idea to keep it set to 255 for a single system and site?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If you happen to be travelling using GPS, it would mean that the location would only update every 4 minutes instead of every few seconds.

baj76

Uniden fanboy
Sorry im a little slow, Are you saying the 255 hold time only affects GPS settings?

baj76

Uniden fanboy
I only scan Columbus Police. and I avoid all control channels sites, except Columbus city ..That's why I think it works great for me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.