SDS100 and Lorain County Ohio

dascanman

Hello, after 10+ years of not having a scanner I finally got back into it and purchased an SDS100. I have had it a few days and all I can say is WOW! I have figured everything out so far and have added several counties and everything is working perfect, except i am stumped on Lorain County! I have tried to add it in the same fashion as I have added the others and i cant figure out what is wrong. In-short, I successfully added the 5-City Radio System, but when I try to add MARCS-IP for Lorain I do not see a site and cannot add a site manually. I'm specifically trying to get Avon PD. I attached my .hpe file for Lorain.

Any help would be really appreciated! Thank you!

Attachments

• Lorain County.zip
    14.2 KB · Views: 8

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Hello, after 10+ years of not having a scanner I finally got back into it and purchased an SDS100. I have had it a few days and all I can say is WOW! I have figured everything out so far and have added several counties and everything is working perfect, except i am stumped on Lorain County! I have tried to add it in the same fashion as I have added the others and i cant figure out what is wrong. In-short, I successfully added the 5-City Radio System, but when I try to add MARCS-IP for Lorain I do not see a site and cannot add a site manually. I'm specifically trying to get Avon PD. I attached my .hpe file for Lorain.

Any help would be really appreciated! Thank you!
See if these corrections help..

Attachments

• Lorain County.zip
    14.2 KB · Views: 16

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
Didn't look at the zip file...
But this is the Site for Marcs-IP in Lorain County... It is not Simulcast either...

"Elyria" is the Lorain County site you want... It is located just south of the collage at the 911 call center tower...
You will hear the Avon PD just fine...

Just a note... The 5-City System is Simulcast...
Not a problem for the SDS100...

Last edited:

dascanman

See if these corrections help..
Thanks for your reply, still no luck

"Elyria" is the Lorain County site you want... It is located just south of the collage at the 911 call center tower...
You will hear the Avon PD just fine...
Thanks for this info. I added the site but i still have something wrong. I dont understand why this one is different from other counties and its driving me bonkers. I am going to walk away from it for a bit and try again later.

I really appreciate you guys reaching out.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your reply, still no luck
I created this file and the sites are in your county. In your file, you Avoided all the sites. Have you tried uploading the file and replaced the current one? Or I should ask, do you know how to do that or ever have performed the task? Did you download the file and Import it into your Favorite List? Did you delete the two older systems (usually above the new ones)?

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
I created this file and the sites are in your county. In your file, you Avoided all the sites. Have you tried uploading the file and replaced the current one? Or I should ask, do you know how to do that or ever have performed the task? Did you download the file and Import it into your Favorite List? Did you delete the two older systems (usually above the new ones)?
I just noticed his location is in Lake County... Unless thats wrong and he moved or something... Or is in Lorain County visiting or whatever...
If he's in Lake County he won't hear that stuff... Lorain County at lower left...

Map.jpg

dascanman

I just noticed his location is in Lake County... Unless thats wrong and he moved or something... Or is in Lorain County visiting or whatever...
If he's in Lake County he won't hear that stuff... Lorain County at lower left...
Hey guys, yes I am in Lake County, I was just setting it up for when I visit family in that area.

I think I got it? It's now scanning, yesterday was a long day and I should have just stayed away from Sentinel! I think it was the Elyria site throwing me off. Didn't realize I needed that and couldn't figure out what I needed. I attached a screenshot of my favorite list and also the updated file. If you guys have a chance to see if I am correct i would appreciate it. If not i will figure it out when i get there next. Much appreciated!

Attachments

• Favs.PNG
    Favs.PNG
    306.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Lorain County Final.zip
    1 KB · Views: 5

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, yes I am in Lake County, I was just setting it up for when I visit family in that area.

I think I got it? It's now scanning, yesterday was a long day and I should have just stayed away from Sentinel! I think it was the Elyria site throwing me off. Didn't realize I needed that and couldn't figure out what I needed. I attached a screenshot of my favorite list and also the updated file. If you guys have a chance to see if I am correct i would appreciate it. If not i will figure it out when i get there next. Much appreciated!
OK... That answered my question... Looked at your List...

The Marcs-IP setup is fine to monitor the Avon PD...

In the Five City System you need to remove the AVOID from talk group (4005)...
That is an automated dispatch for Avon Fire, Avon Lake Fire, Sheffield Lake and Sheffield Village Fire... Or you wont hear a dispatch for Avon Fire when one comes thru...
Also remove the AVOID from talk group (4600)... Thats what I hear the Fire Dept com's on...
Unfortunatly you will hear all of them... Not just Avon's...

Last edited:

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
The file I created resolves the site issue, but won't work till you're in range of Lorain County. I would delete the current Lorain County Favorite List, File...Save in Sentinel, then Import the hpe file I created, make a new Favorite List for Lorain County and go from there. Only 2 sites in Lorain County will scan, as well as the talkgroups you previously programmed. I cleaned it up a bit for you. If you keep adding and don't delete, the programming will be a mess.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
The file I created resolves the site issue, but won't work till you're in range of Lorain County. I would delete the current Lorain County Favorite List, File...Save in Sentinel, then Import the hpe file I created, make a new Favorite List for Lorain County and go from there. Only 2 sites in Lorain County will scan, as well as the talkgroups you previously programmed. I cleaned it up a bit for you. If you keep adding and don't delete, the programming will be a mess.
I looked at his "Lorain County Final" hpe file... He's got it correct... It's exactly the same as mine...
The second Site "Grafton" is not needed...

Last edited:

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I looked at his "Lorain County Final" hpe file... He's got it correct... It's exactly the same as mine...
The second Site "Grafton" is not needed...
His file I saw had all the sites Avoided, so I must have missed what you're referring to. When I self program in an area I'm not familiar with, I look under the County listing and add only those sites since they are scanned. Since you're more familiar with the area, you'd have a better idea. As long as the OP has some clarity and get's it going is the ultimate goal. On that note, I'm out... :cool:

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber

werinshades

I think the Grafton Site was the only one in use on the old MARCS system for my area... Actually there were two sites... The other one was moved... To the 911 call center...
Then several years ago they switched over to the new MARCS-IP system...
So now we have a Site at the Elyria 911 call centers tower... Moved from Murray Rg Rd at the Oh Turnpike...

Last edited: