SDS100 audio recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittrav

Premium Subscriber
The Uniden SDS100 manual states, "Note that anything in the replay buffer is also stored with the recording session when you start recording."

I mention this because I haven't seen this discussed in a forum thread.

In the Menu, under Settings → Replay Options → Set Replay Duration, the time period selected, from 30 sec to 240 sec, will be at the beginning of any saved recording session initiated by placing the scanner in HOLD mode, and then pressing the Function key followed by quickly pressing the keyboard "REPLAY/RECORD" key.

Since you can't simultaneously scan and also review the 30 to 240 second buffer, this is a way to preserve that buffer for later review, with minimum interruption of current scanning.

Ubbe

I think we have discussed that a few years ago, probably harder to find at that age. Uniden made it that way so when you have the instant replay recording running, I always have that enabled with 240 sec and my HP-1 have been used daily for 10 years without any SD card errors, and you heard something interesting, when you then start manual recording it will include the instant replay buffer so you don't miss the beginning of the conversation in the stored file. It would be worse if Uniden had the manual recording function just storing the current audio. Good work by Uniden.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.