SDS100/SDS200: Sds100 dmr

lilmill

Hello I’ve been thinking of doing the dmr
Upgrade on my sds100. Lately I’ve been locking onto channels when scanning and I hear just white noise. Is there a way to identify if that is Dmr. My reasoning for the upgrade would be to get access to those but if not dmr I still won’t be able to listen.

Synchro39

Premium Subscriber
did you check in the database if the frequency is aleready listed because even if it's dmr it could be encrypted and even with the dmr update you won't be able to hear anything

trimmerj

Premium Subscriber
I've been searching business bands with a analog scanner and making notes of whenever I get the machine gun noise. I create a oft entry for the frequency and see what I captured in Proscan. Found quite a few active dmr channels. A lot of the radio traffic is pretty boring, lots of building maintenance. Still entertaining.....

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
Look up the frequency using the FCC license search. When you find the system the frequency is associated with, click the frequencies tab. Click the frequency itself. Look around the middle of the page where it says emissions. There will be a code, as an example 7K60FXE. Then reference the code you found in the link posted below. The description will tell you if it’s DMR, or something else.

Ubbe

Hello I’ve been thinking of doing the dmr
Upgrade on my sds100. Lately I’ve been locking onto channels when scanning and I hear just white noise. Is there a way to identify if that is Dmr. My reasoning for the upgrade would be to get access to those but if not dmr I still won’t be able to listen.
White noise are just interferences in the SDS100 own receiver. You can usually git rid of one if you at that frequency enable IFX or choose to use another filter setting, those Normal, Invert and so on.

DMR sounds like a datasignal more like a V8 engine on idle.

/Ubbe