SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 Favorites List System / Site Limits

woodpecker

Can someone advise what the limits are for a favorites list on the SDS100 please.

How many systems can be added per list and how many sites per system. I've had a search around but can only find the limit of 256 favorites lists.

phask

Premium Subscriber
There is a 1 meg limit, but no system or site limits. Everything counts, talk groups, unit ID, sites, etc. I've never hit it, but I have seen people say they have.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
As noted, you're limited to use only 100 Quick Keys for Favorites lists, so you might also have 156 lists without a quick key.

When trying to reuse a Quick Key in Sentinel, Sentinel will not warn you that a given Favorites list quick key is already in use. If you have the same QK assigned to more than one list, the first list downloaded to the scanner via Sentinel will reflect the assigned key. Any additional lists, using that same key, will be written to the scanner without any quick key.

If assigning Quick Keys via the scanner's keypad & menu, you will get an error message if trying to use the same QK for more than one list.

woodpecker

There is a 1 meg limit, but no system or site limits. Everything counts, talk groups, unit ID, sites, etc. I've never hit it, but I have seen people say they have.
There must be some other limits because some of my favorites get over limit warnings, it must be due to either number of systems in the list or sites in the system. Lists are well under 1MB.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
There must be some other limits because some of my favorites get over limit warnings, it must be due to either number of systems in the list or sites in the system. Lists are well under 1MB.

And your getting that info from the profile editor?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Open your profile editor and see that that displays for sizes. In fact, post a screenshot of that showing all the sizes.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Nope - as I said, no limit there, at least none that has ever been acknowledged. I've been using this architecture since the first day of an HP1.
Try loading just 1 fav list. or 4 or 5 at a time and see if you can narrow it down to one of the lists. I'm guessing it's some weird issue in a list that will need to be deleted and re-made.
Can you get a photo of the error? If everything else fails - export as hpe and will look at it.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I trimmed all my stuff down to 34 fav lists. It's possible one of yours may be corrupted and or reporting the wrong file size. Like @phask says,

Try loading just 1 fav list. or 4 or 5 at a time and see if you can narrow it down to one of the lists.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
And how much is on your card. Do you do recordings? Maybe the card is close to full and can't take the 12 meg worth of fav lists..