SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrThompson

There would have been no reason for me to post if I was referring to Paul, besides he was having serious health issues at the time. A phone conversation with Paul would have been out of the question. buddrousa linked to the gentleman I spoke with.

ke4yzn

Premium Subscriber
There would have been no reason for me to post if I was referring to Paul, besides he was having serious health issues at the time. A phone conversation with Paul would have been out of the question. buddrousa linked to the gentleman I spoke with.
That must be the person who PMed me Thursday. I have not heard anything from him or her since.

MrThompson

Uniden's representative is too well versed in the companies operations to be an outside contractor. We had close a 30 minute conversation. Based on this it's much more likely that he is a key employee wearing many hats, especially at this time.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Uniden's representative is too well versed in the companies operations to be an outside contractor. We had close a 30 minute conversation. Based on this it's much more likely that he is a key employee wearing many hats, especially at this time.

That's possible, but if all your customer service is outsourced (like Uniden's is) I would expect them to be knowledgeable. The repair department is outsourced also in case you didn't know. But none of this really matters and I didn't mean to derail the thread.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
They got my scanner yesterday, and they said right now they are telling people to expect a 2-5wk turnaround. Said they just opened back up after being closed for a week or so. Said i should i get an email by Monday when it finally get into the system with a # of some sort that i cant remember the name of.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Right after i posted that a few seconds ago, I received an email from Uniden with the SRO #

ke4yzn

Premium Subscriber
Not to pick nits, but I "believe" he's a contractor for Uniden. So while he's a representative, he's not a direct employee...but I could be wrong.

Well the rep contacted me last Thursday. This person did not ID themselves but asked for my email so they could update me direct. Uniden received my scanner on 2-27-20. I was told 2 weeks turnaround. Did all the SDS100s fall apart at the same time? I have not received a email or a PM with any updates. I will state this again Uniden Customer Service and Service has issues. When we purchase a Uniden product the cost of warranty work and customer service is in the price. They are not delivering the minimal standard. No follow up communications, extremely slow service. Customer service rep don't seem to know whats going on. I would advise Uniden to rethink what they are doing. I advice anyone who is considering buying something from them to think twice. Especially if your considering a SDS100

ke4yzn

Premium Subscriber
I just receive this from Uniden Rep on this forum.

Good Day,

Repair technician has completed your repair and it is to be shipping today.

Thank you.

ke4yzn

Premium Subscriber
Good news! Please keep us appraised of the result.

Update: My SDS100 shipped back to me yesterday. The service report states that Uniden replaced the control board and updated data base. If should arrive Friday.

I did a search Uniden customer service and service ratings earlier in the week. What I found was a very poor overall performance grades. Although my delay was probably due to the Covid19 virus Uniden has had issues long before. I hope that the company will work out these issues and become better. For the near future I will keep my fingers crossed and hope that I don’t have anymore issues with my SDS100. If I do I update everyone.

ke4yzn

Premium Subscriber
Update: Received my SDS100. It is working great.

My Uniden SDS100 experience so far.
Purchased 1-17-2020
I Received SDS100 1-22-2020
Broke would not come on. 2-22-2020
Called Customer Service 2-24-2020
Shipped to Uniden Service 2-25-2020
Arrived at Uniden service 2-27-2020
Uniden received and issued SRO 3/2/2020
Uniden notified me it was fixed and shipped back to me 4-15-2020
I Received it and it is working fine 4-17-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.