SDS150: SDS150 on Amazon

PCTEK

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Nov 19, 2005
Messages
553
Reaction score
45
Location
Northern California, USA
Ever since Scanners Unlimited closed, the bulk of my scanner related purchases are through Scanner Master. That where I purchased my SDS150. Their price (as well as Amazon) is $949. Be careful with Amazon, since they don't sell or ship the scanner, but instead your dealing with 3rd party sellers who buy and sell and who knows the true source of equipment not to mention warranty coverage or if the buyer has technical questions.
 

blackbelter

Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
979
Reaction score
567
With respect to the above post , Aa mentioned , Amazon carries the SDS150 for $949.99 through Uniden.com . That said , Amazon is the primary supplier and shipper . All warranty coverage should go through Uniden which also should provide needed technical support. Needless to mention that I have no association with Amazon ,however I am a Prime member.
 

ansky

Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
1,286
Reaction score
203
Location
NJ
Ever since Scanners Unlimited closed, the bulk of my scanner related purchases are through Scanner Master. That where I purchased my SDS150. Their price (as well as Amazon) is $949. Be careful with Amazon, since they don't sell or ship the scanner, but instead your dealing with 3rd party sellers who buy and sell and who knows the true source of equipment not to mention warranty coverage or if the buyer has technical questions.
I ordered mine from Scanner Master and it was at my door in 24 hours.
 

Nasby

Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2004
Messages
2,809
Reaction score
548
Location
Ohio
I ordered mine from Scanner Master and it was at my door in 24 hours.
But they have low inventory and run out of them. Which seems crazy for a company called “ Scannermaster” and how prominent they are in the hobby.
 

sallen07

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 22, 2013
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,211
Location
Rochester, NY
\Be careful with Amazon, since they don't sell or ship the scanner, but instead your dealing with 3rd party sellers who buy and sell and who knows the true source of equipment not to mention warranty coverage or if the buyer has technical questions.
The current listing shows Amazon as shipper and seller. So no third-party involved.
 

wa8pyr

Retired and playing radio whenever I want.
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Joined
Sep 22, 2002
Messages
8,325
Reaction score
5,267
Location
Ohio
But they have low inventory and run out of them. Which seems crazy for a company called “ Scannermaster” and how prominent they are in the hobby.
That’s hardly fair. Just like everybody who’s not Uniden, Scannermaster is a vendor, so they don’t have an unlimited quantity rolling in the door every week, and can run out when there’s an occasional flurry of sales. That being said, now that Uniden is pumping the SDS150 out in quantity, Scannermaster seems to have them in stock pretty reliably.

Besides, you’ll get better customer support from Scannermaster than pretty much anybody else.
 

antmsmith

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Oct 27, 2007
Messages
24
Reaction score
12
Location
Connecticut
Good luck! Maybe it'll be a new 150.

The scanner was brand new in the box. I haven't had any issues. Per Uniden, Amazon is considered an authorized reseller. My SDS150 was delivered the same day that I ordered it, shipped and sold by Amazon, no third-party seller.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

noaim

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
639
Reaction score
215
Location
Milwaukee, WI
The scanner was brand new in the box. I haven't had any issues. Per Uniden, Amazon is considered an authorized reseller. My SDS150 was delivered the same day that I ordered it, shipped and sold by Amazon, no third-party seller.
besides even if you get a used one amazon has a great return policy. I feel super confident with orders from amazon.
 

antmsmith

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Oct 27, 2007
Messages
24
Reaction score
12
Location
Connecticut
Besides, even if you get a used one, Amazon has a great return policy. I feel super confident with orders from Amazon.

Very true. My SDS150 was a brand new, sealed package. Plus, I ordered it at 8 AM and it was delivered by 6 PM, same-day delivery. Plus, Amazon is also selling other Uniden products.
 

Pacmannion

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 15, 2017
Messages
53
Reaction score
75
Location
Lynn, MA
Just bought the SDS150, sold and shipped by Amazon, with a Christmas giftcard and some cashback to take the price down $798 or so. (Damn sales tax was $57). Anyways, it says it's nearby so it should arrive tomorrow.
 

antmsmith

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Oct 27, 2007
Messages
24
Reaction score
12
Location
Connecticut
I am extremely happy with my Amazon purchase of the SDS150, I also had a gift card laying around, My Taxes were $46
Just bought the SDS150, sold and shipped by Amazon, with a Christmas giftcard and some cashback to take the price down $798 or so. (Damn sales tax was $57). Anyways, it says it's nearby so it should arrive tomorrow.
 

1Bravo88

Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2026
Messages
109
Reaction score
428
Does Amazon have a Trade In policy on older Scanners, credit $$ toward the new SDS150?
 

wa8pyr

Retired and playing radio whenever I want.
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Joined
Sep 22, 2002
Messages
8,325
Reaction score
5,267
Location
Ohio
Does Amazon have a Trade In policy on older Scanners, credit $$ toward the new SDS150?
You would have to ask Amazon, but I'm 110% certain the answer would be either 1) "No" or 2) "We have no idea what you mean." I'm betting on #1.
 
Top