SDS200 arrived. first impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobW55

Upgrading from a HP1 to the SDS200.
First impressions I love it. I have them both sitting on a shelf with the stock antennas. The SDS200 differently out hears the HP1.
Just waiting for weather to clear so I can get my discone mounted and the coax run up into the kitchen.
I kinda miss the little icons the HP1 displays for the various service types. No deal breaker, but they were neat.
On my third rendition of favorite list cause I keep making mistakes and drag to much into them. Will have to look at the Michigan group and see what I can gleem.

Thanks for all the help so far.

KN4EHX

Premium Subscriber
I keep threatening to get one. My luck though if I did they would introduce a new model a week later and drop the price 50%. They definitely have the cool factor.

KN4EHX

Premium Subscriber
Uniden never had a drastic discount on anything that I recall.
With my luck they would. But I don’t remember one either. They pretty much have that market cornered so they don’t have to.

donc13

Premium Subscriber
Upgrading from a HP1 to the SDS200.
First impressions I love it. I have them both sitting on a shelf with the stock antennas. The SDS200 differently out hears the HP1.
Just waiting for weather to clear so I can get my discone mounted and the coax run up into the kitchen.
I kinda miss the little icons the HP1 displays for the various service types. No deal breaker, but they were neat.
On my third rendition of favorite list cause I keep making mistakes and drag to much into them. Will have to look at the Michigan group and see what I can gleem.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Service type is a display item you can have displayed. I don't believe it's an icon though.

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
I keep threatening to get one. My luck though if I did they would introduce a new model a week later and drop the price 50%. They definitely have the cool factor.
Considering the 436HP, released 8 years ago at this point, is still selling for $500 even after the SDS models came out, I probably wouldn't worry about that happening

MStep

I know that feeling. The alleged chip and parts shortages certainly have seemed to put the kibosh on the rollout of new products. I had the exact same feeling last year, when I purchased SDS. The only thing I can suggest is to make a purchase from a reputable dealer who offers a 30 days return policy. That way, at least you've got 30 days of "insurance".

Status
Not open for further replies.