SDS100/SDS200: SDS200 Network Issue

WA9BD

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 13, 2007
Messages
12
Reaction score
20
Location
Tipp City, OH
I have just moved into a new home and recently connected my two (2) SDS200 scanners. They are hardwired into a network node on my mesh network (Deco). I am trying to set up a new database for the local simulcast system using ProScan, but the scanners will not communicate with the software. I checked the LAN settings in the scanner menu and both have DHCP assigned IP addresses and I can ping them both from the PC that I have ProScan on. I am not behind CGNAT and I have verified the IP addresses and subnet mask for both scanners.

I tried communicating with both of them using Sentinel with the same result. I'm out of ideas. Everything worked fine on my previous network so I have to believe it's something to do with the new LAN.

Any ideas from the group ?

Thanks - Brad - WA9BD
 

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
8,663
Reaction score
5,298
Location
Ontario, Calif.
I have just moved into a new home and recently connected my two (2) SDS200 scanners. They are hardwired into a network node on my mesh network (Deco). I am trying to set up a new database for the local simulcast system using ProScan, but the scanners will not communicate with the software. I checked the LAN settings in the scanner menu and both have DHCP assigned IP addresses and I can ping them both from the PC that I have ProScan on. I am not behind CGNAT and I have verified the IP addresses and subnet mask for both scanners.

I tried communicating with both of them using Sentinel with the same result. I'm out of ideas. Everything worked fine on my previous network so I have to believe it's something to do with the new LAN.

Any ideas from the group ?

Thanks - Brad - WA9BD
In ProScan, What method are you going to use to program the scanners? FTP mode or MSM (Mass Storage Mode)? If FTP mode, the scanner needs to be in Serial Port mode( normal operation or non MSM). If MSM then the scanner needs to be in MSM mode.

You brought up networking so I take it as FTP mode but on the other hand, you mentioned Sentinel which doesn't use networking.

{edit} Are you trying to get the display working in ProScan? If so then make sure the IP address set in ProScan matches the scanner IP. Power cycle the scanner.
 
Last edited:

jasonhouk

Uniden AlphaMan
Uniden Representative
Joined
Mar 29, 2013
Messages
1,411
Reaction score
2,241
Location
Marion, Ohio
Since you can successfully ping the scanners from your PC, the basic network connection is working. However, mesh networks like your Deco system often isolate devices or block the specific communication protocols that ProScan rely on.

Here are a few things to check:
  • Disable Fast Roaming and Beam-forming: These settings in your Deco app can interfere with how older or specialized hardware communicates across the network.
  • Check for Client Isolation: Ensure that "AP Isolation" or "Guest Network" isolation isn't enabled, which would prevent local devices from talking to each other even on the same network.
  • Verify the Subnet: Double-check that your PC and the scanners are on the exact same subnet (e.g., both on 192.168.1.x), as mesh nodes can sometimes assign different IP ranges if not configured in Access Point mode.
  • Power Cycle: After making any changes, power cycle both the scanners and your PC to refresh their network connections
Several advanced features can disrupt local communication between your PC and hardware like the SDS200.
 
Top